Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone drive a Alfa Giulia 4T yet?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Those 4 door's look kinda cool. $45,000 seems a bit steep even for an Alfa Romeo. Love the body style. 4 popper.....eh....better be a real screamer to warrant near $50K. Anyone out there even sit in one?
Happy motoring.........

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The closest Alpha I have driven is my GM's wife's Alfa Romeo Giulietta. It is a 2017 four door hatch. Fun to drive, but build quality is a little sketchy. Has squeaks they cannot find or fix. But it goes like stink for a little four banger (1.4 liter) and handles very well.

Watch the depreciation on them as they drop like a rock...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I figured as much on build Q on the newer ones. 1.4L suggests low torque at off-idle. But, all small displacement high revving turbo engines aren't worth didly until at least 2,500 rpms.
Thanks for the inside info.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Little engines and little turbos work very well together. There is no significant turbo lag, but it certainly likes high RPMs plus it sounds sweet the higher the revs.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want loud Alfas get a 4C.
Last night I watched the Jay Leno YouTube videos of Leno showing the beautiful Alfas of the 1930s. What fine machines !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The the new 4C makes an excellent Track Day car. Light on fuel, brakes and tires. Not sure how much fun it would be as a daily driver however.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I took a little look at a 4c at a local dealer that was having a car show a couple months ago. Looked sharp but a little small kinda like a Lotus Exige size. I'm sure these smaller displacement engines "hum' nicely at higher rpms especially in a light weight car. But having raced small block Fords for a few years on the quarter mile, and being a V-8 guy at heart, it's still hard to overcome one's roots and accept less torque at low rpm's. However, 3.5L and up V-6's with 24 valve heads produce low end torque close to the old V-8's. So, I'm comfortable with those now.
Hitting the Sport button helps 4T's a bit off the line. But, not enough for me yet.