THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Gale Banks Is THE Engine Build Jedi Master
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gale Banks Is THE Engine Build Jedi Master
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So watch him dissect a bunch of children playing with a Duramax. Classic Gale.

Listen to the old folks if you want to learn and there is no better teacher than Gale...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Gale certainly does make sense. No fan on the intercooler? No exhaust escape? Red flags everywhere.
Interesting watch. Thanks.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gale has a series on YouTube that is worth watching if your into engines. He is mostly pimping his stuff, but he knows more about making power (diesel and petrol) than any of the infomercials disguised as TV car shows these days.

Another very informative show is Engine Masters on Motor Trend TV. David Freiburger and Steve Brule of Westech Performance Group do dyno testing on pretty much everything that makes power. They cut through popular myth and Internet BS with dyno runs.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Most shows are all about the money (advertisers). I believe that audiences are targeted based on variables like sex, color, age group, intelligence level, deep pockets, shallow pockets, grand people, divorcees, scum bags, welfare recipients. etc.

Yeah. Bored here too. Finished up most of my projects last year after I closed my rare coin shop in late August.
The last engine I worked on was the carbureted 347 stroked 66 Mustang fastback around 2008-ish. Nothing super special. Lots of torque and about 425 hp street tune 32 degrees total. Could probably have cranked it up to 38-40 and ran much quicker/faster. MSD units like a lot of advance. Ran 11.5's around 117.
Kind of got bored with earlier cars, wrenching and drag racing too. Been driving Mercedes-Benzes for over 10 years.
Looking for a nice GLE400 with air suspension and AMG appearance or a AMG GLE43. Buying low mile cars (30K or less) over the net is tough. By the time all my questions are answered, the car was sold. Missed buying two by mere hours.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep. Trying to buy rare or desirable is a challenge today. Buyers can find anything on line. Barn finds or Unicorns are a TV fantasy. And being aggressive means you can easily buy a pile of nightmares.

Thus I am upgrading the toys I have. At least I know the owner. Cool

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nothing beats first hand. I did well buying low mile used in the past, locally.
But 400's are scarce. It's hard not to settle for something less than what I want. Gettin' itchy. I decided to call in stead of emailing first. That one day delay could mean another near miss. Q'd chicken is done. Time to eat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck in your search. It will be worth the time investment.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Bought a 2017 AMG GLE43 with 23K miles with P2, no Distronic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Patience pays off.

tu2 tu2

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks.