New
Find
Notify
Tools

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Order will be submitted in a few days. Hoping I get lucky and it is built and delivered within 12 months. 4 door sports sedan, 668 supercharged hp, unsure about 6 speed manual or 10 speed auto? Hard decision. Should be a lot of fun. Last of a dying breed. Think I’ll order it in Metallic orange.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6589 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just looked at them after you posted this.

I'd go for the manual!

Very nice, love the color!

Posts: 2637 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No doubt manuals are more fun, less expensive to buy, and most likely will have higher resale value. Last year someone hit me when I was riding my motorcycle and messed up my right shoulder. Afraid at some point shifting will not be so easy.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6589 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Paddle shifters are cool in Sport+ or whatever Cadillac calls their 'race' mode in the CT5-V Blackwing. What's in the auto tranny? 9 speeds?

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5081 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Paddle shifters are cool in Sport+ or whatever Cadillac calls their 'race' mode in the CT5-V Blackwing. What's in the auto tranny? 9 speeds?

Ten speed, same basic transmission that GM runs in my ZL1 Camaro. Lighting fast shifting and so far no issues in 18 months.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Wolfie, I'd go with the manual. It will be more engaging to drive although the 0-60 time may be a bit slower. But that's really not the point in day to day driving, or even on the track unless you are actually racing. It's the driving experience you're going for with a car like this.

And yes, the resale value will be much higher as although the manufacturers cater to the masses who think the lowest 0-60 time will give them some sort of bragging rights, true car enthusiasts seek out and are willing to pay much more for manual cars on the used market, than the same car in a paddle shift.

For a good example of this, look at AutoTrader or the like in the Ferrari 360 or especially the 430 models. You'll not find many stick shift cars listed (many will say manual but look at the photos and they'll be paddle shift). You'll find the manual cars are commanding $50,000 to $100,000 premiums or more in certain cars.

My bet is this new Caddie will be a collectors item in the 3 pedal configuration. And a lot of fun to boot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, I pretty much agree with everything you said. The fly in the ointment was my shoulder injury. Can easily drive a stick now but a shoulder replacement might be needed down the line and would sideline the car for a few months. I’m on the fence till the order is submitted next week.

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I'll throw in my $.02...

Kudos to Cadillac for bringing back some cars with some balls and for you for taking advantage of them! I wish Ford would do the same with Lincoln; the new Continental had something like 400hp before they disco'd it. Anyway, as to the manual vs. auto consideration - I love they're actually offering a big sedan like that with a row-your-own gearbox. Those are a dying breed and they are more fun to drive when you're out tooling around on a country road or on the track. The problem I found with them for cars that are driven in the real world is that's where the fun ends. Sitting in traffic with them is torture, they're not as luxurious when cruising, and the gap between them and an automatic with regard to economy or speed is either nonexistent or is increasingly swaying in the direction of the auto.

If there's a possibility your shoulder is going to give you issues, I'd rather have the auto and be able to drive the car than the other way around.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone up here is selling one in station wagon form...even has the stick shift. Go figure.

https://newjersey.craigslist.o...nual/7369454492.html

Posts: 20072 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Is this a trick question?
Do you only have one leg?
Do you hate driving?
There is only one answer otherwise.
Stick!

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Someone up here is selling one in station wagon form...even has the stick shift. Go figure.

https://newjersey.craigslist.o...nual/7369454492.html

$71,000 new 8 years and 63,000 miles ago and now he wants $65,000. animal

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7569 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
Do you hate driving?
Stick!

Easy to say, harder to do when you have 13 screws and three plates in your right scapula. Still, am leaning towards the 6 speed. Will decide when the order is officially submitted in roughly a week. Decided not to rush the order process to make sure I pick the correct color and options.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
$71,000 new 8 years and 63,000 miles ago and now he wants $65,000.

And it's a station wagon version to boot!

Posts: 20072 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your medical issue. I can see that making you go auto. Question, why the Cadillac? Kudos for buying a great American car. Is it the 4 doors? performance? looks? comfort? Practicality?
How about the Charger?
Corvette?
Camaro?
Tesla?

quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
Do you hate driving?
Stick!

Easy to say, harder to do when you have 13 screws and three plates in your right scapula. Still, am leaning towards the 6 speed. Will decide when the order is officially submitted in roughly a week. Decided not to rush the order process to make sure I pick the correct color and options.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like 4 door sports sedans. Already own a ZL1 Camaro. As to the rest of your questions, personal choice leads me to the Blackwing. Already owned 4 different Corvettes and hate the look of the C8. Tesla’s are very fast but the build quality is terrible plus they have no soul. Pretty ugly cars IMO.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like 4 door sports sedans. Already own a ZL1 Camaro. As to the rest of your questions, personal choice leads me to the Blackwing. Already owned 4 different Corvettes and hate the look of the C8. Tesla’s are very fast but the build quality is terrible plus they have no soul. Pretty ugly cars IMO.

Couldn't agree more.

C8 looks like it's wearing a "super car" suit. Plus, there's no manual option, therefore I write it off immediately as "not interested".

Tesla, much like the Blaser thingy, is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The people have been sold a bill of goods if they think that thing is more "environmentally friendly" than traditional cars. Also, like you said, it has no sole. It's a 0-60 one trick pony. No engine noise, no rumble, no road feel, no handling excellence. Handling is about being light and responsive. 0-60 gets you to the first corner first but handling passes big horsepower in that first turn and is never seen again.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:

No flies on the Cadillac. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/bK65z1IJHPs

The bang for the buck is pretty sweet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drove to the dealers today to submit the order and give a deposit. On the long drive over my right shoulder was giving me fits. Took this as a sign to avoid the 6M and go with the A10. Gotta listen to what my body is telling me.
With a little luck dealer thinks the car might show up by February 2022.
A10 transmission
Satin steel metallic exterior
High performance seats - black/black
Red brake calipers
Performance recorder display
Plus a couple other small options

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe:
Here's a portion of what the Detroit Free Press had to say a couple days ago. CB

GM said its Arlington Assembly in Texas, where it makes its highly profitable full-size SUVs, will run regular production next week, along with Flint Assembly, where it makes its heavy-duty pickups, Bowling Green Assembly in Kentucky, where it makes its Corvette, and a portion of Lansing Grand River Assembly, where it will make some Chevrolet Camaro and Cadillac Blackwing cars.

THE FULL SCOOP

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5081 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote