Notify
Tools

Narrow hip 427 Cobras!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
The Wife would like that one. '71, '72 or '73 Mustang? C6 trans? Seems familiar.

My dad took me to a couple of Mustang shows when I was a kid. The ‘71 Mach 1 was available with a 429 Cobra Jet (Same block as the 460, if I recall correctly). I reckon it was the last of the big block Mustang muscle cars. There was one of the ‘71 429CJ cars at one of the shows- black on red. It was gorgeous! I love all mustangs from ‘64 1/2 through 73. Any ‘69 fastback (sport roof) model gets my heart pumping the most. The 428 was available from ‘67-‘69. Shelby put the over-square 427FE side-oiler racing engine in only one Mustang. It was a 1967 gt500 dubbed the “super snake”. It was put together for the soul purpose of testing Goodyear tires. That car sold at auction a few years ago for some really huge money. Gotta love the classic era mustangs!

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3269 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
**************Guess who I bumped into at the country grocery store today.
A older guy was wearing a Shelby jacket and I asked him if he owns one. Yes! He actually works for Shelby in California (L.A. I think). Made my day.

I still have the fever albeit subdued a bit since my first Mustang, a 65 red on red A-code fastback back in 1976 or so. Here they are in order. No Shelby's though. Couldn't afford it back then. Times were tough. There was a gap between the last 2 cars because of relationships, lay offs, pisspoor pay etc.
1965 Red fastback A code
1965 Gold fastback C code
1964.5 Convertible Early 5 bolt bell 289 2V. 4 speed Muncie. Manual top. Some Bondo, repaint not bad. A little smoky, not bad. Profit.
1966 coupe A-code coupe. Shelby stripes by me.
1965 fastback 6 cylinder C-4. smoked, ugly green. Profit.
1966 parts car. profit
1965 parts car. profit
1965 GT coupe No rust, all metal repainted, revamped ignition to Accel. 2 barrel, guy sold the 4 barrel so-called Shelby intake. 3 speed.
Gold coupe with pony interior. Bad floors. Profit.
1966 red/red fastback. Originally C-4 C-code. Went all in with the drivetrain. 3.70 nine inch and eventually 347 stroker, about 425 horsepower. Shifted at 7,000 rpms. Sold it back in 2005-ish.

Shelby automotive is at the top of their game, not just pumping out Shelby's. Wish I lived closer to them. Sure would stoke the fire again.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Custombolt, you might like what this company has to offer. If I ever win the lottery I will buy a few ‘65-‘67 mustangs from this company:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q9H0I3124n8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=05syn2uaHjw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V9wo4-Sevko

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3269 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Yes. I do. Pretty cool layout all around. Checked out the 65 2+2 build. Well done except Flowmaster 3 chambers are preferred.
Any clue how the body is built? A few pics of that would be way cool.
Thanks.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes. I do. Pretty cool layout all around. Checked out the 65 2+2 build. Well done except Flowmaster 3 chambers are preferred.
Any clue how the body is built? A few pics of that would be way cool.
Thanks.

They have a YouTube video all about that. I’ll try to find it. They make their own unibodies in-house. The owner/head guy was a Ford engineer.

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like Revology used Ford licensed Dinacorn reproduction Mustang bodies on their early cars. They had to heavily modify them by removing the shock towers, reinforce certain areas etc. More recently, they moved to making their own Ford licensed unibodies that are specifically engineered to be stiffer, quieter, and handle the higher horsepower. I’m not thrilled about the large transmission tunnels necessary for the new huge automatic and T56 tranny’s, but pretty is as pretty does, I guess.

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I'll check on the body manufacturing by Revology then Matt. Sure can't afford the $225K-ish price tag. But, once a fastback nut, always a 65-66 fastback nut I guess. Thanks.
About the tunnel size. Good catch. I hadn't taken notice on this one. But, many modern cars do have them. One of the fastbacks I owned had a bench seat. Two guys and a gal fit right in with the C-4 shifter.
Ah the ol'' days of simplicity. Used to set the points with the cardboard match cover.

Ray

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I finally made it to the Shelby museum in Boulder. OMG!!!! It was amazing!!! Any Shelby enthusiast must go! GT40’s 289 and 427 Cobras out the wazu. Daytona Cobra coups. Wow! They have the very first GT500 (1967 of course), and the only factory supercharged mustang from the muscle car era, which is a ‘66 GT350. Seriously folks. You gotta go! After going to that museum, I think I would like to build a narrow hip street cobra, and later on just bite the billet and buy a Kirkham Shelby 427Sc clone! That museum is just insane!

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Wife would like that one. '71, '72 or '73 Mustang? C6 trans? Seems familiar.

A 73 with a Tremec 5 speed, Street or Tack front coil over system, BeCool radiator and electric fans, tight (12.7:1) ratio steering box conversion, 3:54 Trac-Lock 9" rear, welded in sub-frame connectors, modern A/C and Dakota Digital gauges. Really a nice car to drive.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Always loved the 73

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27587 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
I am working on a 351C to transplant in a 67 Coupe. Undecided now whether I will be beefing up a C4 to go behind it or adding a third pedal and getting an overdrive manual. About the same cost either way.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote