New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford Maverick Truck?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Seems Ford has introduced a new truck that to me, strangely reminds me of the Honda Ridgeliner due to its unibody construction. Another odd thing is it’s name… Maverick, which if you’re old enough, was the name of a passenger car that Ford had back in the early 70’s.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/maverick/2022/

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 936 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Grinch:
Seems Ford has introduced a new truck that to me, strangely reminds me of the Honda Ridgeliner due to its unibody construction. Another odd thing is it’s name… Maverick, which if you’re old enough, was the name of a passenger car that Ford had back in the early 70’s.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/maverick/2022/

A gussied-up Pinto...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14350 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
That’s not a truck.
That’s a minivan with the back roof cut off.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nothing Ford tough about that one in looks or drivetrain. But the Maverick size is very similar to the old Rangers and that is good. But, not for me. Essentially a sawed off Bronco Sport. Mad
Ford missed the mark on the latest Ranger too. It looks like a narrowed F150 and way too big! Not much classic Ranger about it. Why they didn't combine these two ideas and then just make another full frame mid-size Mazda assisted Ranger again is beyond my understanding.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
100k no money down pre orders.

will be a commercial hit.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Mike: Eh, I have my doubts. The Bronco sports (similar architecture) don't seem to be selling like hotcakes. What's the 100k all about? Right over my head.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Mike: Eh, I have my doubts. The Bronco sports (similar architecture) don't seem to be selling like hotcakes. What's the 100k all about? Right over my head.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...100-000-reservations

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That's definitely out of my price range.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can’t validate this, but I read that the new Bronco is based on the Ford Escape frame.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 936 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's definitely out of my price range.

tu2

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Uncle Grinch: Correct me if I'm mistaken.
Only the small Bronco "sport" is based on the Escape. The full-frame big Bronco is based on the Ranger frame.

Mike: Gees. Now ya got me thinking about the Maverick. Maybe the Big Bronco is overkill for me. The truck bed and superior fuel mileage would be nice.
Thanks for the link.

CB

quote:
Can’t validate this, but I read that the new Bronco is based on the Ford Escape frame.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CB, you may be correct. For the life of me, I cannot find the review where I got the info from. Just getting too old to remember everything!

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Arghhh. Front wheel drive Maverick? No way Jose. Oh well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Uncle Grinch: Correct me if I'm mistaken.
Only the small Bronco "sport" is based on the Escape. The full-frame big Bronco is based on the Ranger frame.

Mike: Gees. Now ya got me thinking about the Maverick. Maybe the Big Bronco is overkill for me. The truck bed and superior fuel mileage would be nice.
Thanks for the link.

CB

quote:

This is a surprising home run for Ford.

It sells in non truck markets - San Francisco ect.

It competes with small sedans not trucks.

Has awesome fuel economy that can offset other trucks in cafe standards.

F150 size trucks have gotten big. My f150 does not fit in my 4 car garage because of height and antenna. This is perfect for urban car and truck buyers.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
It's still a FORD and will be just as prone to break downs as all FORDs are!

faint

Make sure to 1) Get a good cell coverage plan so you can call AAA or 2) a good set of walking shoes. You'll need em.

clap

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Typical Chevy man. rotflmo

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
It's still a FORD and will be just as prone to break downs as all FORDs are!

faint

Make sure to 1) Get a good cell coverage plan so you can call AAA or 2) a good set of walking shoes. You'll need em.

clap

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
No worries Mr. G. How old is old?
I turn 67 tomorrow. Can't believe it. Wait. It's already past midnight. I'm 67 now. No worries. Be safe.

quote:
CB, you may be correct. For the life of me, I cannot find the review where I got the info from. Just getting too old to remember everything!