Find
Notify
Tools

Bought the Wife an older Benz.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
2013 C350 4matic coupe. 29K miles. 1 owner. AMG wheels, Distronic Plus, red/black leather, etc.
Traded her 2012 C250 RWD 4T with 80K miles. The difference is night and day! I'm done with 4T's forever.. Happy motoring.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On older Benz? Good heavens that's only 4 years old! I have been tempted, but my 2005 Lexus ES330 with 190,000 on it is doing so well, and, the newer cars are SO expensive.Good luck. How is maintenance on Benz's?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
" How is maintenance on Benz's ?"
Ha Ha Ha Ha

Posts: 1066 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter, your Lexus is just getting warmed up!

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Maintenece runs about 30% higher for general maintenance items and state inspection when you let the MB dealer do the work. We use their free loaner most of the time. Well worth the extra cost as loaners only have a few thousand miles on them. Her 2012 C250 4T didn't take any repairs right up to 80K. Yet, it was time to move on since it developed a warm engine start up noise and I never did care for the off-idle weakness of that engine and the road noise from lack of premium insulation like the 3.5 engine cars.
Total cost for non-maintenance repairs:
2012 C250 - $0.00
Due very soon $1800-$5,000 for engine repair. Owned 4 years since 33K miles.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I hear that a lot about Lexus. Customers have told me that the ride is more cushy than most MB's.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
my 2005 Lexus ES330 with 190,000 on it is doing so well,
Peter

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
e and the road noise from lack of premium insulation like the 3.5 engine cars.

I rented a 2017 Mercedes 220 e diesel in the UK for two weeks this summer, probably one of the more comfortable cars that I have ever driven (2030 miles) but the road noise was distracting.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12507 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Frank,

I suppose that road hum issue could be remedied for $1,000 or less if one was to fall in love with that car. Lots of options exist for sound deadening materials these days.
If you weren't already aware, from what I could gather in a hurry, the E 220 d is only available on the German/European market. However, I believe air suspension is a big plus in that model and E class Benz's are available in some models with the air suspension here. Might need to opt for the Luxury model (flat classic Benz grille) to get it and/or go back a few years. I like the idea of an E class with S class air suspension qualities.

Merecedes-Benz seems to be in front as far as diesel technology goes. Example: Back in 2009 a customer told me he got a great deal on a Jeep something or other that was equipped with a low carbon Mercedes-Benz diesel engine. This vehicle actually hit the U.S. market in 2007. But, dozens sat on storage lots for 2 years before the special fuel was readily available here in the states. He found his Mule Jeep up in Connecticut. Gobs of torque. Clean burning, low chatter.

CB

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/
Just in case you don't know about.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Put it in my favorites. Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
My uncle just bought a 1975 280

Posts: 6372 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I had a 1993 300E with a chrome grille similar to that. The zebra wood console was awesome. But, I like the older grilles better. Neat front end.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Put it in my favorites. Thanks.

Your welcome. Site is great. I have a 83 300TD & have owned 4 diesel MB before the 83.
Always buy used. Let the original owner take the $$ hit.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Used not abused is the way to go and I prefer to buy one that is 2 years old or less for a daily driver, but this one only had 29,000 miles on it and it was tight and super clean except for a couple imperfections on the body.