THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Man, Dog Die After Getting Trapped Inside Hot Corvette
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man, Dog Die After Getting Trapped Inside Hot Corvette
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this real? You can't get out of the car by using the door handle? What is going on? No one else walked by?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the battery dies the doors will not open.
BUT, there is a cable located near the kick panel under the dash for each door. Pull it and door opens. Shame the owner didn't read the owners manual. The car was a coupe with the removable roof, which is removed with just moving three latches while you are INSIDE the car.
Still, something doesn't add up as it appears he was parked in a fairly busy area.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So, if the vette is under water you cannot open the doors from the inside? Talk about overengineering!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
So, if the vette is under water you cannot open the doors from the inside? Talk about overengineering!
Peter.

No, read my previous post again. You can open the doors from the inside if the battery is dead by pulling the cable near the kick panel. One cable for each of the doors.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, did see that. However, is it something that a 72 year old man could do? I'm not sure I could with the steering wheel in the way. Is it well documented or stashed away in the back of the manual somewhere?
Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its in the manual and not hard to find. But the roof is super easy to remove. Three latches can be undone by the driver sitting in his seat within 15 seconds.
I suspect there is more to the story.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Now, if he had attracted someone else, outside the car, I assume they would have had to smash a window, and, presumably, being unfamiliar with the car, both man and dog would have had to climb through one of the side windows.
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a heck of an idea; make the windows with manual hand cranks and the doors with simple levers which work the latch. My Miatas are like this and it works ok. Also, the manually retractable roof can be operated by an eight year old child. sometimes, progress isn't. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3522 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stop Bill. Next your going to say that you expect me to shift the transmission manually.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Miatas..... the manually retractable roof can be operated by an eight year old child,

So why couldnt a 72 yr old man operate one easy to pull door release lever on the kick panel of his Vette?

go to Utube and type in "Corvette dead battery' and the guy shows how easy it really is!... homer

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a BMW530I that I got locked in for about 5 minutes. The dealership told me the alarm system though the car was being broken into or stolen so the electrical system shutdown. My wife said Oh that is a great idea, my reply what if the car is on fire or sinking.

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another reason not to by a shitty Corvette. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The world is chock full of stupid people. A shame the dog died because of his idiot master.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote