THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    A durable high use convertible - anything like that
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A durable high use convertible - anything like that
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am toying with the idea of a convertible.

Needs to be durable low maintainance costs.

Comfortable for someone 6-2.

Anything out there - I don't know cars.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, considering your love for Blasers, I would recommend this:

Plus your new pup would love it.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blaser is more like Mercedes. Top of line but not over the top.

I am thinking of Porsche Boxster but I am not sure the car would last for 200k miles.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have had many Porshes and how long they last is directly dependent on how hard you beat them. I had a 1974 3.0 Carrera Coupe that I pounded over the German Autobahn for more than 200K miles...but it will cost ya. Today's Porsche's are far more durable, less expensive to run and durable...JMHO

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Mike, considering your love for Blasers, I would recommend this:

Plus your new pup would love it.

Snort.

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd say a convertible in Florida would be a great way to keep up your tan....but then again, you came "pre-tanned" :-)

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I'd say a convertible in Florida would be a great way to keep up your tan....but then again, you came "pre-tanned" :-)

Yup

I stay out of the sun - don’t like it or want to get skin cancer.

A convertible would be a fun car to drive at evening/night in Florida.

During the day in winter when the sun is out.

May need to move some hunting funds toward a Porsche Boxster Smiler

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a 370Z. That was an awesome ride for the money.

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

But it does not spell midlife crisis life a Porsche Boxster.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Boxster isn’t a mid life crisis car anymore. And the average household income of a Boxster/Cayman buyer is $300,000 so hairdressers aren’t buying them anymore either.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RyanB:
The Boxster isn’t a mid life crisis car anymore. And the average household income of a Boxster/Cayman buyer is $300,000 so hairdressers aren’t buying them anymore either.

Did hairdressers ever buy them ? They are nice cars. But I may just drive my f150.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/embed/BDvPeBGFVZw

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:

Funny.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

But it does not spell midlife crisis life a Porsche Boxster.

Mike

Since when did the Boxster become a "midlife crisis" car.

It's ALWAYS been known as "A Chick's Car".

jumping

No, not a pick up chicks car, but a CHICK's car!

Whistling

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
In addition to "chicks," "convertibles are for 'playboys'" Enzo Ferrari once said.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mazda Miata, automatic, paddle shift, hardtop for trips.
On the other end of the spectrum would be an XKE (convertible of course).
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I already own a Mercedes E-class sedan, but if I wanted a ragtop I would definitely consider the E-class cabriolet. The AMG big engine option would give you stoplight to stoplight punch.

Too bad the diesel engine options aren't an option in the US. In Europe the Mercedes diesels seem to last forever. Low revs, lower operating temperatures, better mileage, diesels can be the right choice for longevity.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Get the Vette Mike!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I had a Honda S2000 for a few years. It's one of the best handling cars you can buy at any price and is built like a Japanese watch. Mine was new at the time, but now they're not being made anymore. You could pick up a minty one at a pretty good price. For a goofing around car that doesn't look to showy, you can't do better.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote