Tools

New Tesla S Does 0-60 in 2.5
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Eeker

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tes...-0-60-144100810.html

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
shocker

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
And I thought my Model S P90D Ludicrous was fast at 2.8 seconds!! I understand that I can upgrade to the 100 KWH battery pack for a mere $20,000.00. Let me think about that for a second....NO! Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
0-60 under 4 seconds is blindly fast enough. Under 3 is amazing.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great town car, but estill tethered to its plug in...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
The only adjective that I can think of to describe acceleration like this is "otherworldly". I can't tell you how many times I've had passengers in my Tesla for the first time, and have said to them, "ready", as we sat at a stop. Not one passenger yet has been "ready" for what was to come. Shaving off another 0.3 seconds from this acceleration is hard to fathom. Yikes!! Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Great town car, but estill tethered to its plug in...

Rich: you're correct....it's an around the town car. It needs to be supplemented with a gasoline powered car in order to make your stable a practical one. Cheers. Chip.

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Last month I drove 320 miles to a car race. One charging station visit for 40 min on the way and the same location on the way back (needed a 60 minute charge that time).

One of my buddies is taking his to Florida next month.

Hardly tethered if you don't mind taking a break every so often.

In the 6 months since I bought mine these are the only visits to a supercharger.
Don

Posts: 26538 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow sounds like fun.

Like pulling over to paint a house every few hours.

Ummm no thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
New Tesla S Does 0-60 in 2.5

...and then catches fire, if it hasn't already steered you into an oncoming truck.

rotflmo

Posts: 4828 | Location: IN YOUR POOL | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hardly tethered if you don't mind taking a break every so often.

At my age I have to stop to pee every 3-4 hours or so anyway. Coffee does that to me.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote