One of Us
posted
Tesla has a bigger market cap than

Ford
General Motors
Fiat-Chrysler
Daimler Benz

Combined

I am so glad I got over shorting calls in Tesla in 2014-2015. Made a little money.

This is nutty stupid.

Especially when their one real good product the model s is getting long in the tooth.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Tesla. Truly Nutty!!

We finally agree on something!!!

I've been telling you this for a few years now.

If you'd only accept my wisdom on the Blaser abomination.

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bubble waiting to burst....

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone emailed me this - thought it was pretty funny

People wonder why XOM getting dumped.

2% yoy rev growth
-4% yoy gross profit decline
-28% yoy EPS decline
19% gross margin
5% op. margin
Capex up 27% yoy
Trading at ~400x EPS and sub 3% CF yield

Does that sound like a company you want to own?

Jk, that’s not XOM. It’s TSLA.

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hell, Tesla doesn’t even have an EPS listed in the data- because it’s only had a profit for 2-3 quarters in the last 10:years!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
A real head scratcher.
Fundamentals look fantastic. But, GAAP earnings are pitiful.
How can a cash rich company not have any earnings?

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5081 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Because Musk pisses it away faster than he can burrow it or accumulate earnings??

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Maybe.
Investors follow trends. Saw it in the last bull markets. Companies without any bottom line earnings going nuts.
Pharmaceuticals are another 'nutty' class with several stocks with way high PPS with large LPS.

Posts: 5081 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How long does it take to drive from Colorado Springs to El Paso in a Tesla?

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Depends on how many days it takes to find 2-3 charging stations along the way. jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Depends on how many days it takes to find 2-3 charging stations along the way. jumping

3 days and the battery just barely made it. Yeah, you need to plan your charging system in advance.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
How long does it take to drive from Colorado Springs to El Paso in a Tesla?

https://www.tesla.com/trips#/?...7618778,-106.4850217

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
According to Tesla’s own chart for the model 3, you would spend 2 hours out of a 11 hour trip time charging(4 separate stops) and save the princely sum of $16 worth of gas costs. Wow, that’s really great...... barf

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
So, ya buy yourself a nice Tesla to save ton on fuel costs. Fine if you use it for grocery getting and visits within a couple hours of home. Too bad you need to invest XXX more dollars (over a conventional gas or hybrid) to do so. So, will you ever recoup that extra cost? Not even close. Are those Teslas looks all that to justify the extra cost? Then buy it for the looks, to show your friends that "you made it financially, to make yourself feel good or just because you want one not for the fuel savings.
The numbers don't add up.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Tesla is best suited for golfers who live on a golf course. Drive it from your house on the course, then on the course carrying your bags, (probably get 36 holes on a charge) and then back to your home on the course. I don't see much use for them otherwise.

That is unless you were trying to make money in the markets off of Elon's little tax scam.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Tesla is best suited for golfers who live on a golf course. Drive it from your house on the course, then on the course carrying your bags, (probably get 36 holes on a charge) and then back to your home on the course. I don't see much use for them otherwise.

That is unless you were trying to make money in the markets off of Elon's little tax scam.

Agreed.

As far as the Colorado Springs to El Paso question, I’d rather not be in either place. I once liked places in Colorado, but certain people have ruined it. I would say EP to CS was probably once a pot route, but that’s not necessary anymore. I will say the USAFA and the Broadmoor are still cool in Colorado Springs.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3427 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote