New
Find
Notify
Tools

0-186 mph In Just 13.6 Seconds!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Then again, that's what 1,500 HP and $2.7 million buys you...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/ne...ugatti-chiron-story/

Eeker

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Look for Weineck Cobra. They made 12.9L V8 engine.

0-100 km/h - 2.5 s
0-200 km/h - 4.9 s
0-300 km/h - 10 s (that is 186 MPH)

http://www.webwombat.com.au/mo...eck-cobra-780cui.htm

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty fascinating article. I remember reading something similar over the development of the Veyron. Sounds like while the two look evolutionary, they went back to the drawing board on almost every component of the car. They truly are some of the finest engineering marvels mankind has ever seen.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have certainly taken automotive engineering to the next level for passenger/street vehicles. Amazing tech and amazingly expensive...

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Impressive performance, very similar to the Kawasaki H2R motorcycle recently introduced, but at a fraction of the cost. My Kawasaki Concours which is known as a Sports/Touring bike, not the highest performing model, does 0-60 in less than 3 seconds and to 100mph in less than 10 w/ top speed of some 160mph and does so giving nearly 50gph fuel economy. Might mention that the H2R is equipped with winglets on the fairing to prevent lift of the front section and proven top speed so far exceeds 280mph and when doing so still was pulling hard.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, my Ninja 1000 still scares the crap out of me at times.