New
Find
Notify
Tools

How bout a little American Muscle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
animal animal you just like to look at it rotflmo rotflmoNO wonder Susan is jealous jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Her problem is she doesn't recognise automotive art when she sees it! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
or a great hair cut RIGHT????? rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Bloody right! Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
One of my very fave cars was an 81 Renegade with a 425bhp 350 SBC 5 speed 4" lift big street tires.
It was brilliant, but give it any stick and it was 4 mpg at 7 bucks a gallon + parts! It would have been cheaper to hire a helicopter.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, but "back in the day..." we were pumping Sunoco 360 for 32.9 a gallon. Blood red, and about 112 octane. Guys ran L-88's around town on the stuff. Anybody besides me remember the "Dial an Octane" Sunoco pumps?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Before my time, but I do remember pumping gas in exchange for time using the shop. At that time I had a Yellow '67 Corvair Monza. Got it for nothing as the starter motors kept breaking, sorted that out and had loads of fun with it, till I came home one day and my old man had been drinking in the front garden, some gezzer comes walking along and admires the car, so my dad sells it to him. I was not impressed!

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Hey who can help me load up some pics? I've got a few examples of some muscle sitting in my garage, and a few new additions coming up. So far I have...
'06 Pontiac GTO w/ livernois stage 2 heads and cam, LS2, which is my daily driver.
'03 Nissan 350z w/ LS1 engine swap, kind of a weekend hooligan car
'69 X44 Camaro with 383, old sow is her name.
Plus my wife's...
'71 1/2 Camaro with 383, big red, that's her hooligan car
'79 Chevy Scottsdale w/ 502, she liked it because it's taller than her.
'08 Dodge Dakota, bright red, her daily driver.

Within a few weeks we're hunting down a '68 Chevelle as we just acquired a Merlin 665 motor, than I'll be hunting for a '02 WS6 Trans Am, as I have the itch to create a monster without touching my GTO.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
email 'em to me at shakari3@mweb.co.za and I'll post 'em for you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Anybody besides me remember the "Dial an Octane" Sunoco pumps?

Rich
Yeah! I remember those. Had a big polished aluminum or steel knob with a pointer thingy and you turned it to what grade you wanted. So low-tech compared to the touch panel we have today...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Idaho, I do remember those Sunoco pumps. And the avgas.

Fact is, I remember damn near everything about those dear, dead days.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Shakari, thanks! I'll be emailing them in just a few. They'll be coming from gunner92056.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Here you go chaps. From the Metalsmith: