Picture of richj
posted

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Pretty bad ass. But I prefer the CLS 63 AMG. Cool

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
What does that beast cost? Yes' I know if I have to ask I can't afford it.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it would be nice for a wintervehicle whe it's too snowy to drive either your SL65AMG or a CL63AMG...

what is not to love about a twin turbo V12?

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
what is not to love about a twin turbo V12?

The maintenance???!!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was expecting "Fuel economy" as an answer

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allan, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for a V12, ever since I heard (or rather didn't hear it was so smooth) a Jaguar V12. Some research showed it to be a maintenance nightmare, as was, surprisingly enough, the Mercedes and BMW V12's!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, that thing is pure sex in vehicle form.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Allan, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for a V12, ever since I heard (or rather didn't hear it was so smooth) a Jaguar V12. Some research showed it to be a maintenance nightmare, as was, surprisingly enough, the Mercedes and BMW V12's!
Peter.

Inasmuch as I am a Dago and love my Ferraris, I have to admit, the brits know how make the perfect exhaust note.

There is absolutely no better pleasure inspiring, smile inducing sound ever made than a british V12. Nothing.

I went to look at DB9s. Dealer asked if I wanted to drive the Vanquish. I pressed start and that was it.

I had no issues with the V12, drove it daily for a few years. On the contrary, the last 2 MB 8s I've had were dogs, and I'm a double digit repeat customer. Very disappointed.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote