Find
Notify
Tools

Lets see your classic motorcycles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
my winter project, 1975 Goldwing,picked up out of the barn,complete with windjammer and bags.got it running the first day.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Looks good buddy..... I'm going from memory but wasn't 1975 the launch year for the model?

I think the originals were something like 997 or 998 cc?

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Looks good buddy..... I'm going from memory but wasn't 1975 the launch year for the model?

I think the originals were something like 997 or 998 cc?
1975 was indeed the 1st year,and displacement is 999 cc.Mine has been modified in several areas,the bigger 1100 displacement engine,aluminum wheels,instead of the spoked or comstar wheels,and the addition of fairing and saddle bags,among other things.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Damn but I guess my memory isn't as bad as I thought huh! Smiler

I remember looking at the very early ones and in fact, I very nearly bought one as a commuter...... in the end I decided I didn't want to buy an unproven design and went for the BMW instead...... and then changed it for a Honda CB750 - 4.

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Here's an old pic of my 82 FLH shovel. The stickers are gone now and it's got some more chrome on it, but it needs a good home since I need to finance my new Africa addiction...

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so I'm not the only one to sell a Harley to support his african addiction????? Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
I haven't sold it yet despite a couple offers. It being an old shovel, I want a buyer that appreciated shovelheads and knows how to take care of them...But..my addiction is getting so bad, that I might just sell to whoever. Jeez...I just got back from Namibia in May and now all I can think about is going again.. Confused

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote