Find
Notify
Tools

Daily driver
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted
You guys have some great cars and know a lot about cars. I have always been curious as to what people with your knowledge drive to work. Surely you don't drive those expensive cars.

What do you drive?

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on how you define expensive.

I own a Jaguar XK-8 Convertible here in SW Idaho, and it is my daily driver. Over 50,xxx miles in the last five years, and six trips to visit family 1700 miles away in the St Louis area. It would have a lot more if I didn't also own a Harley.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drive my 2013 Grand Sport Corvette everywhere I go as long as the weather permits it. Put 9,000 miles on it so far this year.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
When I had fine sportscars I always drove them to work daily. That includes a Lotus Elite,several Jaguar XK150 Coupes,an AC Bristol, Porsche Speedster and assorted others.
The Elite was probably the most exotic being all fiberglass with no,repeat,NO frame. The engine was a stage II Coventry Climax. It was right hand drive of course.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When the weather is cool, I drive my frame off restored 1978 FJ40 Toyota Landcruiser (no A/C). When the weather is hot, I drive my 1992 YJ Jeep. It's not quite stock, Vortec V8, Ford axels, Lockers, winch, but does have A/C. If on a road trip, it's the 2002 Mercedes S500. Also have a Dodge Cummins pickup when needed. Wife drives a 1985 FJ60 Toyota Landcruiser with Chevy V8, lockers, winch, etc.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just MHO, but I would expect my car to be a "daily driver". Not using a car regularly seems to me to be a good way of killing it.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree Peter. The more you don't drive one, the more likely something needs to be fixed.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ford F150 ecoboost 4X4 crew cab

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
'13 911 Carrera S (20K miles)

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
'96 Dodge Ram PU, 160K, faded paint.
Weekenders... 69 Plymouth Satellite 702 horse 528 Hemi.
'70 Plymouth Cuda 440-6 soon to be Hemi.
'70 Plymouth GTX 440-6 pack

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2247 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice lee!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not worked in the US since 2004. While in Canada late 2004 - mid 2009 I drove a '99 F150 4x4 through 2007 and a Toyota FJ (long since sold) for the rest. When I left I headed to the UAE and have since bounced from their to Qatar, Kazakhstan, Australia and now Korea. I have not driven to work since leaving Canada and short of my time in Oz have not driven at all. All the reason I just bought a yet to be seen '73 Mach 1 351 Cleveland with factory 4 speed so I can play in the garage when I retire next year.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote