THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Baseball    The Albert Pujols Lottery
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Albert Pujols Lottery
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ted,

"best offensive player I have ever seen..."

I remember going to a lot of St Louis games and watching a guy named Musial. And another one named Brock. And another one named McGwire.

What do you think his chances are of getting even close to the 300/10 deal he wanted in February now?

If the Cards offer 200/10 he better take it. He is no better in any category than Fielder, and he is hoping for 20 mil a year from the Brewers next season.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Rich,

He'll have to carry the Cards to at least the NLCS before anyone can consider giving him $300m for ten years.

If the Brewers lose Fielder, they may be willing to buy in, but the Mets may also be players for each of them (if their 'Madoff exposure' isn't too bad).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Rich,

He'll have to carry the Cards to at least the NLCS before anyone can consider giving him $300m for ten years.

If the Brewers lose Fielder, they may be willing to buy in, but the Mets may also be players for each of them (if their 'Madoff exposure' isn't too bad).

George

Fielder will end up a Mariner. We need bats and have the richest owner who has shown in the past he will spend the money.

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
ted,

"best offensive player I have ever seen..."

I remember going to a lot of St Louis games and watching a guy named Musial. And another one named Brock. And another one named McGwire.

What do you think his chances are of getting even close to the 300/10 deal he wanted in February now?

If the Cards offer 200/10 he better take it. He is no better in any category than Fielder, and he is hoping for 20 mil a year from the Brewers next season.

Rich

Rich you watched Stan Musial play...you are an old fucker

McGwire....you mean Mark? yep he was fun to watch for a .250 hitter

If Pujols remains a Cardinal for as many years as Stan (22 years) there very well be no more records with Stans name attop

BTW....I was wrong all.....Albert didnt finnish the season 100/100/30/.300

As far as a 10 year 300 million deal...its 9 years now and the number is anyones guess

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gator,

You may be correct, but I don't see any big stars going to Seattle.

It's a small market team with no chance of winning a championship in the next two years.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Gator,

You may be correct, but I don't see any big stars going to Seattle.

It's a small market team with no chance of winning a championship in the next two years.

George

Actually it is not a small market team. 12 highest population center in the US and one of the top 5 in profit. The owner is by far the richest owner in MLB and has shown he will spend money if he feels like it.

It has just been a poorly run franchise the last 10 years since the Pat Gillick Era. Things are turning around now with a very good minor league system, a ton of good pitching and a pretty good defense. They just can't hit their own weight. Three good bats with some power and they will be fine.

Fielder would fit in nicely at DH/1B and DH is his natural spot now.

As to winning a WS in a couple of years, probably not but a AL West is not out of the question.

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seattle Mariners are the only team in MLB NEVER to have even played in a World Series.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted,

Old? yesssssssssssssssssssss, I am. Sixty-two last Saturday.

About Albert:

1. .29X average, didn't get to .300

2. 90-something RBI's didn't get to 100.

So far, invisible in the first game, won it tonight.

Fielder took a one-year tender for 21012 for 19.1-mil. Show me that Albert is a better fielder, or hitter, or worth a dime more.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
A better first baseman than Prince.....let me say this slow.....Albert is a GOLD GLOVE WINNER

Prince career stats are .282BA 230HR 656RBI .390 OBP 6 years 38.33 HRs per year and 109.33 RBI's per year.....no gold gloves and no world sieries or MVP's or batting titles

Albert career stats are .328BA 445HR 1329RBI .420 OBP 10 years 44.5 HR per year and 133 RBI's per year....and he has won all the stuff Prince has not....worth a dime more? Yep he sure the hell is.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Hey Rich!! Prince also strikes out 2X more than Pujols and is........FAT and SLOW!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ted,

Old? yesssssssssssssssssssss, I am. Sixty-two last Saturday.

About Albert:

1. .29X average, didn't get to .300 he finished at .299

2. 90-something RBI's didn't get to 100. yep he didn't make 100 he got 99

So far, invisible in the first game, won it tonight.

Fielder took a one-year tender for 21012 for 19.1-mil. Show me that Albert is a better fielder, or hitter, or worth a dime more.
He is un-sighned for 2012 at any price as of today

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
David Freeze wins the MVP and is on fire batting .425 in 11 games and the Cards win yet another NL Championship.....

BTW..... in the 11 games played Albert is #2 and has batted .419

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which one is playing in the upcoming World Series?

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the ticket sales are slow to non-existent in the Pujols Lottery.

He was a non-factor in game one, and cost them game two with his feeble attempt to cut off the throw. Had he stayed at 1st base Yadi would have thrown the winning run out at third. Earlier, he nearly got Carpenter killed at first. Still scary to see that replay.

I stand corrected on the Fielder sign for 2012. The ESPN airheads said it was a done deal the day I posted it. Can't trust those knuckleheads, I should have known better.

I think Albert will be happy to take 20 a year on a six year deal. He'll be forty by then.
Oops, just 39.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fielder; he has to pass a team physical first to get a deal. Imagine putting that tub of guts on a treadmill...?

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fielder; he has to pass a team physical first to get a deal. Imagine putting that tub of guts on a treadmill...?

Rich, the ball is now in your hands in our debate of Fielder vs Pujols..... You asked if Pujols was worth a dime more? I laid in a couple stats that could be used to show worth it's now your turn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted, I think that the Fielder -Pujols debate is over. WOW, what a night for KING ALBERT.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
YES!!!! ENOUGH SAID!!!!

What a show!!!!

Rich.....your up

A good read on Albert

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted,

MVP?

Albert did all of his work in ONE game. Hit .250 for the series, all of his HR and RBI's in game four when the Cards won 16-8. Just a regular player.

If they offer six years at twenty-plus, he'd best take it. They got a kid at AA Springfield that can hit and field and is several years younger. Matt Adams was Texas League Player of The Year.

take care,

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Rich, you still havnt taken a stand on your question...."worth a dime more" have at it big guy

BTW 18 playoff games .353 average

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I own the Cardinals; I let him test the free agent market.

Then I let him and his agent stop by the office in three or four weeks and tell me what I already know, that nobody else is likely offering more than five years, six max; at twenty-five million a year.

The World Series is where the cream rises to the top. His stats were meaningless.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
The Cardinals should stop whining and sign Albert. They have the 5 largest draw in baseball and have the money. He will end up being the greatest offensive player of all time. He is a consumate team player and a community leader in St. Louis. If the Cards weren't greedy they would have redone a 10 year 2 years ago and had him signed through age 38. He would have signed for 25 mill a year. But they had to get the last 2 years a 26 million a year. He was the 83rd highest paid player this year. What an insult to Albert. He has put up numbers unmatched by ANYONE in the history of the game. The Cardinals do not need to be idiots like when they let Carlton leave over pennies and then he goes and wins 4 Cy young awards!! People come to watch Albert, 2 time gold glover and 3 time MVP. St. Louis, pay up and stop whining. He will have much better numbers than Musial when he is done. El Hombre deserves to stay a Cardinal!!

Used to be bigdoggy700 with 929 posts . Originally registered as bigdoggy 700 in July 2006.

Posts: 318 | Location: ILLINOIS , FINALLY GETTING. A CCW! | Registered: 14 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
I meant 16 million a year not 26 million a year.If it weren't for Bonds and his steroids, Albert would have 5 mvps in 11 years. If we paid Holliday 18 million a year, Albert is easily worth 25 or 26 million a year.

Used to be bigdoggy700 with 929 posts . Originally registered as bigdoggy 700 in July 2006.

Posts: 318 | Location: ILLINOIS , FINALLY GETTING. A CCW! | Registered: 14 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I ran the team, I'd offer him six years at twenty-five per, with mutual options for up to four more.

What's the latest rumor BD?

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
St. louis is not even in the top ten as far as total salaries go, they can afford to pay Albert what he's worth. If A-rod is worth 25 million, Albert is worth 30.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. NO-body said A-rod was worth 25 million a year. The yankees salaries are not tied to reality.

2. Nearly 10% of the US population subscribes to YES on cable. That pays A-rod's salary with enough left to pay the entire coaching staff's.

3. St Louis would have to add a $5 per ticket surcharge to give Albert that kind of money. At 3,000,000 a year gate, that is only half the cash he asked for. I seriously doubt he will be playing in eight more years, let alone ten.

4. Ten Percent of the US work force is unemployed. Two million families have lost their homes since June of 2008. During that time span, Albert and his wife and her kid have had to struggle thru on less than $50,000,000.

It is a friggin' GAME! people.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This morning in the St Louis Post-Disgrace,Derrick Gould wrote that Pujols has been offered 198 million and 9 years last January by the Cardinal management team. They have not made any offers since. The Marlins recently offered him a 9-year deal according to two sources. Now they have offered arbitration so they can get something if he walks.

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the cubs are talking to his agent as well.

The Cardinals are not crazy enough to give him that sort of $$$ deal. The 1st baseman at their AA farm club is looking better and better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the cubs are talking to his agent as well.

The Cardinals are not crazy enough to give him that sort of $$$ deal. The 1st baseman at their AA farm club is looking better and better.

Maybe eventually, but as long as Berkman is hitting like he did this year, he's the 1st baseman for the Birds. Albert may go somewhere else, but the teams that can afford him already have 1st basemen with big bats (Yankees, Red Sox) and the teams that want him (Cubs) don't have the bats in the lineup to support him. Opponents could simply pitch around him. It's gonna be interesting to see where he ends up. Remember, Prince Fielder is also a big hitting first baseman who is out there as a free agent, so that may dilute the market some.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Prince played first base for thr Brewers but he is no first baseman

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Prince played first base for thr Brewers but he is no first baseman

Agreed. I see him as an American League DH.

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
+100%

He is very heavy and has the range of a sack of rock

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is 1am in St Louis, and neither of them have signed anything but a few autographs; if that!

No big offers for either one with $$$ figures or years in print.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is 1am in St Louis, and neither of them have signed anything but a few autographs; if that!

No big offers for either one with $$$ figures or years in print.

Miami has offered AP $200m over 10 years,
the Cubs have made a qualifying offer but the details have not been released,
the Cardinals have offered $220m over 10 years,
the Angels are reported to be interested and are expected to submit a bid.

So you see, there is some activity going on.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
260 for 10 years

California is the place he wants to be so he loads up his shit and moves to Beverly

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two words for you: Texas Rangers.

They signed A-Rod ten years for $252 million. Then they raised ticket prices (iirc) nine or ten dollars to pay his salary. Then their other good players wanted commensurate raises. They lost several of them to free agency. Then attendance dropped because A-Rod did not get them to the World Series. Three, or was it four, years later they had to trade him to the Yankees, and still pay eight million a year of his salary to get them to buy his fat contract. Then the Rangers owner went broke, and had to sell the team. It took Nolan Ryan three years to turn things around.

Then the Giants beat them in the WS. Comes 2011, we beat them in the WS with "Invisible Albert".

Berkman will play first base, as they bring the kid from AA up next year.

The newspapers in St Louis treated Albert like royalty. That will not happen in Anaheim. If the Angels do not go to the WS in 2012, Albert will be the one to bear the brunt. If I were him, I'd start working out in the weight room. I wish him luck, he is going to need it.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
The Angels just made an EPIC mistake. Pujols is not worth anywhere near the reported money he is getting. His career is definately in decline.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1/3rd of a Billion dollars they spent in eight hours. If they do not at the very least make it to the WS in 2012, the fallout will be pretty ugly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
1/3rd of a Billion dollars they spent in eight hours. If they do not at the very least make it to the WS in 2012, the fallout will be pretty ugly.

What's going to be good is if they make it to the 2012 WS and the Cardinals repeat. Let Albert see his third ring go bye-bye. Make no mistake, AP or no AP, the Cardinals are contenders right now to repeat their WS win.

12 in 12!!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Ok I won't pick a team but you just did.....I will take the odds over my heart any day.

You say the Cardinals will win the 2012 WS I say they will not......

What's the wager? I'm all in!