THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biggest Bust of 2010...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has to be Steven Strasburg. ESPN just announced, after a total of 123.1 innings pitched in professional baseball; Strasburg will undergo Tommy Johns Surgery and spend the next 12-18 months rehabbing.
Even baseball teams in DC can't do anything right.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't call Strasburg a bust. The guy pitched extremely well while healthy. Average attendence jumped nearly a 1/3 in each game he scheduled. He paid for his entire contract in those 12 games, plus some of his teammates salaries...

Shame about the ligament tear. I hope he comes back like Carpentar, who also had TJ surgery.

Biggest bust has to be Chone Figgins. The guy sucked up $9M this season and has had a horrendous offensive and defensive season.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
D,

he was 5 and 2 or 5 and 3. Wonder what attendance will be the rest of the season and in 2011?

Want to see value, check the kid Garcia in StL.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
W/L record for pitchers on terrible teams are virtually meaningless. Take Felix Hernandez for instance, if he played on the Cards or Yanks, he'd already 20-22 W's in his hip pocket.

Strasburg had a great strikeout/walk rate, his ERA was good, didn't allow more than a few runs on any outing. The kid was nothing less than dominant on the mound.

Garcia is good, no question about that! Question is, can the Cards start playing like they can and catch the Reds. Reds have just brought up Alrodis Chapman for their pen. That lanky kid throwing 102-3 (hit 105 last week) could shorten the games if he can make his pitches count.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Biggest bust for me would be my Cardinals should be in first place by 10 or 12 games now, but in two words.....they suck.

With a loosing record against teems with a loosing record.....yes, they suck.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The Mets. $140 million payroll, and no clue about how to play. Roll Eyes

They were also the biggest bust of 2007, 2008, and 2009.

yankees

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I posted the biggest bust of 2010 I'd get banned since that's considered too naughty for grown men here.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
NOPE....just for one week. It would be worth it.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
NOPE....just for one week. It would be worth it.

rotflmo

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote