THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards sign Holliday
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
Club record 120 million for 7 years

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I expect Albert's new deal will beat that!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Yes it will, but it will not top the MLB.

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There will 2 or 3 teams in the race for Pujols, after 2011, unless injuries occur. Let's face it, the Yankees are out. They have a bloated infield and bloated contracts. They will not be involved at the upper limits. The Red Sox will either have to solve their 3rd baseman issues, or move Youk to 3rd and get a 1st baseman at the end of 2010. They will more than likely go after someone like Adrian Gonzalez that Pujols. The Mariners want the same as the Red Sox.

That leaves the Cards, Cubs, Mets and Dodgers that have the kind of money to compete with the Cards. Cubs will have to figure out something with Lee in the next year and already have monster contracts that don't perform. I can't see them being a player...

Mets could drive up the price, but they will either have to address their 1st base issues this year or next. They can't go 2 years without a slugging first baseman.

Even though Pujols might be the best hitter in the last 30 years, he won't be the highest paid, because the market won't be there.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Albert has said he wants to be a Cardinal his entire career. The owners are the Wal-Mart heirs. Think they don't have a couple billion laying around if the want to spend it?

29 More days til pitchers and catchers report!

Yesssssssssssss!!!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is going to be great to watch Halladay go up against the Pujols/Holliday combo. That is going to be a real interesting match up.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Begging your pardon Idaho but the Walmart heirs are partial owners of the St Louis Rams. Stan Kronke is currently trying to buy all the Rams this week from the Georgia Frontiere estate (which is her two kids) but that has some "twist" in the negotiations still pending.

The owners of The Cardinal are old, old St Louis and Cinncinati money.. REAL OLD MONEY! If there is WalMart money there it is probably incidental to their other assets.

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Pujols will go where Tony goes....Chicago?