THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 World Series...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going with the St Louis Cardinals again. They seem to win odd-numbered years lately.

AND; they not only have been to more World Series than anybody except the yankees, they have won more than anybody but the bronx bombers...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go with my Cardinals again. The team is returning essentially the same as last year's team with the exception of a stronger pitching staff. The Birds only missed going back to the World Series in 2012 by 1 win. They will for sure be in post-season play this year, and have a great shot at returning to the Fall Classic again this fall. Of course, all this hinges on everybody staying healthy.

GO CARDS!!!!

tu2

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Going with the boys of the bayarea.....Go A's

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Cards vs A's series would be pretty cool.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
A Cards vs A's series would be pretty cool.

We'll have a preview of that during the regular season. The Cardinals and the A's play a 3 game series on the left coast in early July. Albert can get another look at what a winning team looks like.

Big Grin

Go Birds!

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes...

I am headed back to St Louis in early May. Taking my Mother to a Cards vs Rockies game for Mother's day the 12th.

I am going to have to check on tickets for the A's series. Sounds like a great motorcycle trip, and throw in a game.

Rich
Go Cards!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Guys...

It is a bird all the way..

Blue Jay

Watson lake

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watson Lake:
Sorry Guys...

It is a bird all the way..

Blue Jay

Watson lake

Guys like you are who make Las Vegas so profitable!!!

jumping jumping

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Rich, go to Pointers or Immo's Pizza and Ted Drews Frozen Custard....the Zoo is also nice

I could recomend some East St Louis night life but youd probably pass on that

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted,

both good places, but Mother has suggested:

1. Spaghetti Factory
2. Cheesecake Factory

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ted,

both good places, but Mother has suggested:

1. Spaghetti Factory
2. Cheesecake Factory

Rich,

Here is a copy of some ideas I put together for a friend of mine who is planning a trip to St. Louis. If you want Italian food, I HIGHLY recommend you do yourselves a favor and go to The Hill. It's not far from the St. Louis Zoo and Forest Park. These are some of the finest Italian restaurants you'll find anywhere. PLEASE don't waste your time at the Spaghetti Factory. I'm sure it's every bit as good as the Olive Garden, but they're not even in the same league as those on The Hill. (BTW, as a side note, Yogi Berra and Joe Garagiola grew up on The Hill and began their baseball careers together with the Cardinals.) You can find all of these using Google maps. Good luck and have a great trip.

A few things for you to look at for your trip to St. Louis. Hope it helps.

A little history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hill,_St._Louis

My recommendation for a restaurant on The Hill:
Favazza's
5201 Southwest
St. Louis,MO 63110
314/772-4454
http://www.favazzas.com

Second choice for a restaurant on The Hill:
Cunetto House of Pasta
5453 Magnolia Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63139
314/781-1135
http://www.cunetto.com

The Italian grocery store I told you about on The Hill:
J. Viviano & Sons
5139 Shaw Ave
St Louis, MO 63110
314/771-5476
http://www.shopviviano.com

Famous for Italian processed meat (Located on The Hill):
Volpi Italian Salami & Meat Co.
5258 Daggett Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
314/772-8550
http://www.volpifoods.com

A few things to do:

1) The St. Louis Zoo (Not far from The Hill):
http://www.stlzoo.org

2) Explore the Central West End
http://explorestlouis.com/visi...ods/central-west-end

3) Tour the Budweiser brewery (I’ve heard this is a great tour! Downtown. Not far from Busch stadium.):
www.budweisertours.com

4) Missouri Botanical Garden (My Dad loved this place. Not far from The Hill.):
www.mobot.org

5) Lots to look at here:
http://explorestlouis.com

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I agree on the Budwieser tour and yes hit the Hill area for sure

But....a trip to the Lou without a slice of Pointers or a Drews concrete is not complete

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
But you guys are all wrong. The GIANTS will once again represent the NL in the fall classic. They've won 2 of the last 3 with essentially the same cast, so why not?

And, even though it is only the first time through the rotation, the starting pitchers gave up ZERO earned runs through the first four games. Pitching and Defesne win championships, as they've proven in 2010 and 2012, so why not in 2013 also?

Posts: 3836 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
But you guys are all wrong. The GIANTS will once again represent the NL in the fall classic. They've won 2 of the last 3 with essentially the same cast, so why not?

And, even though it is only the first time through the rotation, the starting pitchers gave up ZERO earned runs through the first four games. Pitching and Defesne win championships, as they've proven in 2010 and 2012, so why not in 2013 also?

No, no, no. Don't you see the pattern? It's Giants, Cardinals, Giants, Cardinals, etc. This year it's the Cardinals' turn!

dancing

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Would anyone be surprised if the NLCS is Giants vs. Cardinals?

The Braves are looking awfully good this year, too. I'm not a Braves fan, but do admire the way they are playing.

Posts: 3836 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Cardinals won't be in it unless they can prop up their bullpen. Mott coming back won;t be enough, and he might not come back as strong as ever. Mojika can't do it by himself.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
So who will the Giants play this year in the WS? Wink

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27591 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well the Cardinals did prop up their bullpen, I'll say St. Louis will win it this year. They currently have the best record in all of baseball.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
made about half the list, thanks to Ted for reminding me. Regazzi's is still there.

History Museum; got to actually measure their .58 caliber Hawken.

Botanical Gardens; renewed Mom's annual membership.

Cheesecake Factory; need I say more?

Cards; two games at the ballpark.

I cut 39 minutes off of my best time back. 19 hours flat, not including stops.

Yesssssssssssssssss, this will be our year again.

One of Us
Picture of Joe R. Lock
posted Hide Post
The Cardinals would be a good bet for the National League. But, the American League will take it this year; either Detroit or Tampa Bay.
ct

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: 08 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not this year, but next year, it will be the Chicago Cubs, and if not next year, for sure, the year after that. Wink

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Soulard Market on the riverfront is a cool weekend old time farmers type market

BTW.....is there still a professional National League baseball team in Chicago?p

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Soulard Market on the riverfront is a cool weekend old time farmers type market

BTW.....is there still a professional National League baseball team in Chicago?p

There is a National League baseball team in Chicago, not sure if you can use the word professional to describe them though.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being a Cardinals fan, one becomes optimistic and optimistic I am. However, one better keep an eye on the Pirates. They are tough competition in the National League. Right now as I write this, they are whooping up on my dear Redbirds 5 to 0.

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yadie is back. and the Cards are 3-0 since. One game back, and the Pirates look to be fading...

We'll be there for the last six games next month.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Well, one thing is for sure...

...it sure as hell isn't going to be the Giants.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the world of statistics that is called posterior probabilities moon

quote:
I am going with the St Louis Cardinals again. They seem to win odd-numbered years lately.

AND; they not only have been to more World Series than anybody except the yankees, they have won more than anybody but the bronx bombers...

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn TBS!!

They wanted a 50% increase from our Cable One company to show the division games.

We missed the Bucs game last night. I figured they would roll the Reds after beating them like a drum the last three games of the season.

With the best record in the NL, may I remind you gentlemen that the Road to October runs thru St Louis...

Rich
Go Cards!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn TBS!!

They wanted a 50% increase from our Cable One company to show the division games.

We missed the Bucs game last night. I figured they would roll the Reds after beating them like a drum the last three games of the season.

With the best record in the NL, may I remind you gentlemen that the Road to October runs thru St Louis...

Rich
Go Cards!

And they're all going to find that St. Louis is a dead end for them. Go Cards. I think it's about to "Cardinal" at the ballpark.

dancing clap dancing clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam Wainwright pitched a complete game, Cards win 6-1.

Tell the Dodgers to drop by this weekend...

Rich