THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cubs fixin'
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The cubbies have the team speed of a cinderblock and a 7 folk batting from the right side, lineup wise. I'm glad Bradley was sent on his way, but otherwise they sat pat.

So much for new thinking....

Well; maybe they got some deals in mind thru spring training.

Posts: 98 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 13 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I thought that bankrupsy thing was the big move.

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/ne...cy&prov=ap&type=lgns

I'll try to dig something up more recent.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.sportingnews.com/ml...oved-new-cubs-owners

Certainly; all this didn't stop them from moving on Bradley and bringing in Byrd.

Right right-hand heavy and too slow, though...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cubs traded Bradley for Silva, the worst pitcher in the MLB. The guy shouldn't even be pitching in AA ball... Whether they needed to relieve themselves of Bradley or not, regardless of cost, the Chicago faithful had better pray that Silva never starts a game for them. He might be okay in the 'pen, but the guy is terrible.

Fact is, Silva, on the best defensive team in the entire MLB (statwise) in one of the best pitchers parks in the MLB, had an ERA over 8.00 in the past. No matter how Bradley was, or how much of a cancer in the clubhouse he was, no way did he cost the team over a run a game, or over 8 runs every 5 days.

Cubs fans should just consider Bradley a sunk cost, because you do not want Silva on the mound. He's horrendous and his attitude is the same as Bradley. He has a terrible effect on those around him.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first impression I've had among cubbies fans is "Who cares who we got? As long as Bradley's gone."

Silva was never the point.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the same reaction I've been hearing from M's fans, though I'm hoping that Bradley can reclaim some of his talent from his Texas days. Addition by subtraction works as often as it doesn't...

Read where Lou said he would move Soriano to 6th in the order, hitting Byrd behind Lee and Ramirez. Sounds like he'll try either Fukudome or Theriot as the lead off hitter.

Seems reasonable to me. I think Byrd was a good signing, given what was available and their needs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
But Lou let Saranio bat lead because he was happier there.....
Is Lou sending a message?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure if he's sending a message, but Lou never has been real keen on Soriano hitting in the leadoff spot, Lou's always favored him deeper in the order as a run producer.

From ESPN:
quote:
"We have Derrek Lee who's a wonderful, wonderful three hitter," Piniella said. "[Aramis]Ramirez is very productive at the four spot. And we've settled in with Soriano at the six hole, and I think he's comfortable with it. We really just have the fifth hole to look at, and I've talked to the new hitting coach [Rudy Jaramillo] at length about Marlon, and he thinks he can fit in there."

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Cubbie fans are fortunate to have D Lee at the 3 hole. His father is a friend of mine, and he's expecting Derrek to have a very big year in 2010. He tells me that Derrek has put in a lot of work this winter and is ready to put up another very solid season this year.

I just wish he was a Giant!

Posts: 3833 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They say Lilly might miss the season. That hurts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, the real stuff starts tommorow.
Go cubbies!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Man what it must feel like to be a Cubs fan......
I think I may know, I am a STL Blues fan.

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for both of you...

Rich
I was at Wrigley Memorial Day weekend on Sunday. Albert went "waverly street" three times, and was walked twice.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Well, at least the Cubs did Derrek Lee a favor and shipped him to a contender. Now, he's got a chance to win a ring, and the cubbies have some prospects for the future.

Posts: 3833 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The big question now: with Luis Pinella (pronounced Pineya before he turned "white" on us) now gone, are the cubs smart enough to hire Ryan Sandberg as manager at the end of the season?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
However Lou's name is said, the cubbies have rolled since he turned over the keys. 14 and 7 since Aug 23....

And those mighty cards?
Over the same time period..... the cards are 7 and 16.
And they just got swept(in their own park) by a certain team....that certain team that is 8 and 4 vs the cards....

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Yep, your dead on.....the cards they do suck!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm...

I watched the game. It looked like they won 4-0 shutout the Padres, and the Reds lost. It ain't over it; it's over...

Rich
It's called Loyalty

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Pull the car around front, the Cardinals have "checked out"

Yes they are done and I was totaly wrong with my prediction.

quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Will there even be a second place team in the NL central?

Better yet lets all guess how many games my Cards will be ahead of #2 at the end of the season......12

One of Us
posted Hide Post
August to date:
Cubs: 23-24
Cards: 19-28

Any thoughts on who's got the better outlook for next year? animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From 23 august to end of regular season;
Cubs: 24/13 (Only the phillies were a hotter team)
Cardinals: 19/22

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cubs sure finished on a strong note this evening didn't they?

Another summer swoon, even Albert couldn't fix that broken record...

posted Hide Post
So if they get Terry Francona as a manager or Theo Epstein as a GM (both of whom may be 'at leisure' shortly), how soon will they contend for a divisional title?

Two years? Four?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AT the present records, it will take the cubs 800 years to match the St Louis Cardinals WS record.

How 'bout them fillies?

posted Hide Post
yuck

yankees

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Iowanic,

I hate to harp, but your prediction for "next year (2011)", ever notice it's always "Next year" for the Cubbies; sucked pretty bad.

I think you went out on that limb with a chainsaw and cut the wrong end off. Care to ease out on another one for 2012? If I were you, I'd settle for a 500 season.

Maybe "Fatty Fielder" will take your money and move west.

regards,

Mr "Watching my Cards play in another WS" Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, a whole new year is around the corner and things have definately taken a upturn for the cubs in the off season.
\
Going to be a interesting year, methinx...