THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Baseball    Who will play in the 2012 Word Series...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who will play in the 2012 Word Series...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the highest paid first baseman in baseball broke an 0 for 21 streak, going 1 for 4 today to raise his batting average to a scintillating .224.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cards win again! A solid 13-1 drubbing of the brew crew. Seven Cardinals players have more home runs than the highest paid 1st baseman in MLB.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another gem by St Louis pitching, and the bats are booming. Seven to three over the brew crew, in a fine two hour and thirty minute game.

We'll chat again in two weeks when I get back from Africa.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
As we are now tied with the reds with 19 loses I remind you that it is a very long season....calm down

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
however, we did win last night and tonight...

Five St Louis players have more home runs than the 240 million dollar man in Anaheim. He is batting .197 at last report.

Calm Down. Calm Down! Calm Down? In three weeks I will be sitting in the ball park watching the Cards throttle the hapless KC Royals.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I can be there in just over 2 hours 81 times a year....I will be there tomorrow evening

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it is a bit farther from SW Idaho...

They beat SD earlier this evening.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Second place and falling.....I told you it was a long season

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
And the skid continues

Come on Rich.....you a fair weather fan?

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
3rd place and falling as of today

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
One month later and still 3rd place.....

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
yankees

Need I say more?

Don

yankees

Need I say more?

Don

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep you can say

RANGERS

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross L:
Yep you can say

RANGERS

They probably do meet again in the ALCS.

Don

Posts: 26536 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cardinals just added a new 6&7th. inning relief pitcher which was badly needed. Looks like they'll be in the race again this year

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I don't know who will be in the series this year, but I can say without a doubt that the Phillies won't be there. Amazing they're gone from a team with the best record in baseball (2011) to one of the worst. It seems like all of their top players got old at the same time.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2291 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Hey PA has the Pirates.....good baseball since....hell I forgot!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All alone in second in the wild card race...

Wednesday looms large.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Damn Rich,

I thought you must have died....then I read about your hook-up with a brown fairy and 80 lbs of pot....hey whatever floats your boat feller Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Today was a very good day.

(edited for humer)

The Brown Fairy brought me 80lb pot.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Right now, its looking like it'll be either the Giants or Nationals representing the National League. American League is wide open, it'd be real cool to see Oakland or Baltimore make it.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everybody but Ted knows who "Brown" is...

If I had 80lbs of Pot I'd move across the border to Oregon; open a medical marijuana store, and have Lawndart write prescriptions.

The Cardinals are in almost exactly the same place they were this time last year. I remember all the talk then.

In ten days, the Cards will play sudden death with the Braves. Winner gets the Nats, but no Strasburg.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gee, here we go again. The team that can't win, that isn't good enough to win, that can only sneak into the playoffs, that has lost it's good players, that only has a rookie manager, that doesn't have good pitching, that has bullpen problems, that has an inconsistant offense, that has too many young players, that has too many old players, has begun winning in the post-season, AGAIN. When will they ever learn? Stand by folks, here come the Cardinals, AGAIN.

hilbily clap shocker Big Grin rotflmo

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Step by step, slowly I turned..."Excelsior".

Who's still playing baseball in St Louis, in about forty minutes...?

Rich
Sua Sponte

Where's albert in all of this? Pardone moi, his team finished third, just in front of the Mariners.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Cardinals have just finished putting on another display of never quit, never say die baseball by beating the Washington Nationals. They now go on to the NLCS facing the Giants. Look out world, here come the Cardinals again. Go Cardinals, you're the best!

11 in 11
Repeat
12 in 12
Three-peat
13 in 13

A dynasty is born.

dancing dancing dancing dancing dancing dancing

jumping jumping jumping jumping jumping

beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I can say is WOW. INCREDIBLE. What a come back, not from Holiday and Craig, but Descalso and Kozma. 6 weeks or so ago Kozma was in the minor league, and Descalso was hitting 220, some of the pitchers had better batting averages, I second all the above emotions.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I have said this for nearly ten years

Bet on a wilcard MLB team to beat the #1 seed every year and you will be $$$$ ahead.....look at the history

A hungry scrappy team AKA "wildcard" that gets hot in September beats a team that shoves in the clutch to coast into the playoffs AKA "#1 seed".....they just can't flip the switch to get it going against a very hot wildcard and usualy get beat!

I'd like to thank Atlanta yet again for laying down first

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All we needed was a split in SF.

We got it, now home, and that good home cooking. I think pitching Carp was a mistake, but...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
and now boys and girls, the next chapter of our unfolding drama.

St Louis Cardinals THREE!!!, San Francisco Giants one.

Cards up TWO games to ONE>

One of Us
posted Hide Post
10 PM Idaho time.

Another exemplary example of ML pitching by Wainwright. ONE ER in seven innings.

Cards win: Eight to One!

When you sit down to watch tomorrow evening, get the broom out of the closet, and sit it next to your chair.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
10 PM Idaho time.

Another exemplary example of ML pitching by Wainwright. ONE ER in seven innings.

Cards win: Eight to One!

When you sit down to watch tomorrow evening, get the broom out of the closet, and sit it next to your chair.

You're right about Waino. He really pitched a gem tonight. His curve ball was killer and he had total command of his fast ball. He was really lights out. You must not have watched the end of the game though. The final score was 8 to 3. The outcome was the same.

Also, the broom won't be needed, the Cards lost Game 2. The Tigers, however, needed the broom today.

Go Cards!
12 in 12!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
correct! That was soon to be ex-cardinal Salas.

We do, however, need to get the brooms out. I have not wielded one in awhile.

A home 3-game sweep to send the Giants packing will require shortening the handle a couple feet so I can wield it from the comfort of my chair.

I got all eighteen of the clamps out this morning; now my side just looks like a picket fence!

Rich
healing...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it's been a tough two weeks. I had cancer surgery, they did save the left kidney. I am slowly healing. Then the collapse the last three nights.

The Cards just looked totally out of focus these last three games.

That said, they are still my team.

You have to take your hat off to the Giants. It was if they read the Cardinals batters and pitchers minds.

Is it OK if I root for the Tigers?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well it's not going to be the Cardinals. Considering the team changes and the injuries they had this season I think they had a very good year. I subscribe to the baseball network and was lucky enough to see all but about 6 games. They made a good showing.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Rich
Hope you are ok
What's the update ?
Sports are fun but I'm rooting for you buddy!
Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/kdVRWT7dc9k

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote