THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Baseball    Who will play in the 2012 Word Series...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who will play in the 2012 Word Series...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Against my St Louis Cardinals?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
That would keep a guy up nights pondering.

That being said I just finished Koufax by Janet Levy and it was a very good read!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1407 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always wondered what would have happened to Koufax if he had come out of the closet during his career.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Surely you jest?

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1407 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, I think he was just daydreaming that perhaps he could have "dated" him if he did.

PS...The Cards will suck this year.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Against my St Louis Cardinals?

If everybody stays healthy, the Cardinals win the NL Central, beat the Phillies for the NL Championship, and if there is any justice in the universe, sweep the Angels in 4 games in the World Series. Poopholes can sit in the loser's dugout and eat it while he watches his former teammates wearing the "Birds-on-the-Bat" celebrate! (Actually, I think it's more likely to be Detroit in the Series, but I think the Angels and the Rangers have a shot.)

GO CARDINALS!!!!!
12 in 12!!!!!

tu2

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
It's funny......nobody!!! picked the Cards in July of 2011

Nobody!!!

Thank you Atlanta tu2

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
It's funny......nobody!!! picked the Cards in July of 2011

Nobody!!!

Thank you Atlanta tu2

I did, but I had a few drinks that day.

rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
yankees

Need I say more?

Don

Posts: 26535 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I will let yall know in September

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow night at 5pm Idaho time the journey begins...

Rich
Go Cards!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
6 month long tournament

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Four runs on thirteen hits, no errors, and should have been a shutout. If there had been a major league umpire at first, it's four zip!

That's one down, a hundred and sixty-one to go!

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Angel Hernandez? Damn fine umpire even with spit on his face from a hall of famer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
did you see the game? Out by a full step...

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Yep maybe....it had zero impact on the outcome

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you see the game this afternoon? Eleven runs and Berkman had another fine game at first.

Albert who...?

Two down, a hundred and sixty to go.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Yes a great win for sure. I will say that giving up 5 runs is a no-no and will lose most games

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The St. Louis Cardinals look good again. Although late season games are frequently decided by who's healthy and who's injured. So only time will tell.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me see...

St Louis Cardinals NINE, Milwaukee Brewers three.

Rich
albert was one for nine entering todays game.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
pace yourself Rich....it's a marathon....the season is in mile #1

One of Us
posted Hide Post
St Louis Cardinals Seven; Cincinnati ONE.
Three home runs in the first.

Cards now four and one, and the team is playing better. Nobody is standing around waiting for albert to do it.

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update: score just in, St Louis Cardinals THREE, Cincinnati ONE.

That's five and one folks!

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
How about a re-cap on today Rich.....reality it's a six month long season

One of Us
posted Hide Post
a small setback, they lost 4-3. Still in first place.

Even ESPN has gotten tired of Albert and his below mediocre play.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
He has always had a bad April

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Wayno....is still a no no

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Cardinals rebounded after an off night entertaining the cubbies to even their series this afternoon with a win.

Rich

Pujols watch: another week without hitting his first home run of 2012.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Cardinals rebounded after an off night entertaining the cubbies to even their series this afternoon with a win.

Rich

Pujols watch: another week without hitting his first home run of 2012.

Meanwhile, Freese already has 3 homeruns and 11 RBIs. Berkman, Beltran, Jay, Molina, and others are hitting well. Who needs Poopholes? He's really not worth what he's being paid. The Cardinals will be fine.

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What scojac said, plus one!

Another sunny Sunday afternoon at the ballpark. Cardinals TEN, cubbies three. Looks like BOTH teams are rounding into mid-season form.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Mile #2 under our belt we are not sniffing any ass yet.....it's a long race

Who the hell would have ever thought that a life long .250 hitter would be such a good hitting coach

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I was watching the game today I heard the announcers get into a discussion about the WS rings the Cardinals got yesterday. A lot of thought went into the design of the ring. I thought it's funny that they included the rally squirrel on the ring. Really! The squirrel is on there. Fun.

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Albert Watch: now batting under .250, ZERO homeruns, and just four RBI's on the season.

Who says money can't buy happiness?

I hope he enjoys the WS ring, it might be his last.

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Albert Watch: now batting under .250, ZERO homeruns, and just four RBI's on the season.

Who says money can't buy happiness?

I hope he enjoys the WS ring, it might be his last.

Rich

That's true, but April has never been a particularly productive month for Albert; he's always been somewhat of a slow starter in the spring. We'll see what he's doing by June. He may still put up big numbers this year, but I still think the Birds are better off now.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Rich, I have never witnessed such sour grapes....chill out, it's bad early

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the unsolicited advice Ted, but I'll just enjoy the misery until he shows me what you should get for TWENTY-FIVE.FOUR MILLION DOLLARS per year!

Late breaking news, in a pitchers duel, the St Louis Cardinals beat Cincinnati two to one in ten innings.

Rich

pujols has another Oh-fer going; headed for the Mendoza line at flank speed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another win VS Cincinnati, Eleven to One!

Rich

Pujols Watch: no homers yet, but the average has climbed to a dizzying .267.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Wainwright watch......can't seem to win a game?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cards lost tonight, to, of all people, the stinking cubs! 3-2, another 9th inning letdown by the bullpen.

Sigh, tomorrow we get 'em.

Rich

Albert another Oh-fer, and the Angels lose. It is mortifying to see them behind the Mariners in the standings.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Order has been restored in the Universe.

Cardinals Five, cubs one.

Rich

the highest paid first baseman in MLB went 0 for 3, with a walk and two strikeouts this evening.