THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My St Louis Cardinals...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
are still in first place...

'nuff said!

Rich
Buff Killer

My two favorite baseball teams in the world are the Cardinals, and anybody playing the yankees!

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope Ankiel turns out okay. That was a brutal crash he had last week. When is Carpentar due back?

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
Ankiel is OK. They put him on the 15 day DL for whatever reason. Carpenter is a bust. horse I doubt he'll be back anytime soon.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Every since Ankiel woke up from the crash he can now throw strikes again....go figure

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ankiel could always throw strikes... He just needed to be in centerfield to do that! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
they took two out of three at KC; AND the cubs have now dropped seven straight. There is joy in Muddville...

Rich
Buff Killer
I been a Cards fan since 1954 when my DAd took me (at age five) to my first game at old Sportsman Park.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Now we go head to head with Me-wok-ee

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
And the results are in after a 2/3 split 1st place outright.

Go Cards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MY morning paper says they are out front still/again, and the Brewers and Cubs both lost last night!!

Go Cards,

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, it hurts to be a Stros fan... killpc

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
are still in first place...

Barely!! Go Stros!! hammering

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
It's still July, Bubba....

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Roy Holliday? Some big time protection for a batter to take the #4 slot behind Pujols. Besides the Duncan trade was great even if they got a case of beer or some nachos for him and not a player....he was awful!!!!!!!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Roy Holliday? Some big time protection for a batter to take the #4 slot behind Pujols. Besides the Duncan trade was great even if they got a case of beer or some nachos for him and not a player....he was awful!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Holliday. Roy Halladay is the pitcher for Toronto...

Well, the Cards gave up a bunch of top prospects to get Matt, including their top prospect, Ben Wallace. However, the Cards have a chance to win it all this year, provided they could find some decent protection for Pujols, and it seems they found it. However, if they don't win it all, it's more than likely they'll lose Holliday at the end of the season. Unless they win the WS, or if the economy is so bad that he doesn't believe he'll get his worth in the free agent market, he'll likely be gone. Especially if Jason Bay doesn't turn it around in Boston.

St. Louis could wind up with a very, very expensive 1/2 year rental. But, I'd have done the same thing in their shoes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why don't you ask my Brewers how that 1/2 year rental thing works out! Sabathia is a Yankee and the Crew didn't even make it past the NLDS.

The Cards may win the central, but that's all she wrote. The Dodgers are too strong. But you all can keep bad mouthing Manny, especially when he single handedly whips up on your Cards in the playoffs.

ps. I don't care if McGwire and Bonds got injections with a garden hose, they still hit over 70 in one season & until they are both in the HOF, I wouldn't walk across the street to go through it!

Too much is just right!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
The Dodger just took a 3 game ass smack-in from the hands of my Cards....and by the way without CC your Brewers would not have even won the div. last year so he was a good rental.

one of us
posted Hide Post
With the Phils trading for Lee, I think that puts them in the driver's seat in the NL. Dodgers bullpen needs some help. They picked up George Sherrill from the O's today, but they another good bullpen arm. I understand they are looking at Weathers in Cincy and think he would be a good addition.

It'll be a tough race to the Pennant. I wouldn't count the Cubs out, either. Phils, Cards, Dodgers and Cubs. Or, if the Cubs and Cards beat up each other too much, the wildcard could come by way of Colorado...

It will probably come down to whichever team gets hot during the playoffs...

I do like the Holliday signing for the Cards though. He is hitting over .500 since joining Pujols and company.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Hot during the playoffs is the winning answer for years. Actualy check out who is hot as hell the last two weeks....usually a wild card team. They will almost always smoke the #1 seed that has coasted into the playoffs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the lead is now four and one half games...

Rich
DRSS

I will be in the bleachers for the last three games.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
As of today they are the best team is baseball (last 10 games) 8-2 tied with the yanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted,

around Cape Girardeau?

Rich

PS: in 45 minutes a real game; St Louis at the Dodgers!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Poplar Bluff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted,

close, I was born in Cape Girardeau.

AND, the Cardinals beat the Dodgers 3-2 behind 8 innings of Carpenter and a Pujols HR!!!

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Life-long cards fan here, born in Southern Illinois, about 50 miles from St. Louis. Are we conna see another Cardinals-Yankees World Series?

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Now with John Smoltz.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nobody better than LaRussa and Duncan at getting extra mileage out of well seasoned veteran arms.
Hopefully we'll be seeing lots of red in the post-season.

Posts: 713 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
as of this morning's paper, the lead is now seven games over the cubs, with forty-eight games left to be played.

Carpenter looked awesome earlier this week, and I expect LaRusso and Duncan to work their magic with Smoltzie as well. I will be in StL for the regular season ending three game set with the hapless cubbies!!!

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
A panaramic shot I took last year from right center bleachers....I can smell the grass and hear all the sounds.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Oh My; Cards win 7-0, cubs lose. The lead is now eight games, and Carpenter is 14-3.

There is Joy in Mudville; Albert got an intentional walk and Holiday hit a 3-run homer. You would think they would learn by now.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
And yet another win today, Albert hommers and John Smoltz gets the win.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Best team in baseball for the last 10 games 8-2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another great day in the National League!
Cards win 1-0; cubs get pounded by the lowly nationals 15-9.

The lead is 9!!

Rich
DRSS
Cards fan since 1954

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Bottom of the 9th walk off by Albert...WOW!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One September, the lead is now ten games...

That light at the end of the tunnel the cubbies are seeing is the 4:12 Amtrak Express at 90+ mph!!

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Currently it would be hard for any team to take 4 out of 7 from the cards. Barring a serious injury by some key players, I think the cards have an excellant shot at going all the way in 2009. Go Cards!

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they win again today, the lead is 11 games I think.

Rich
Cards fan since birth, saw my first game at age 4 in 1954.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fact that Smoltz' ERA is 1/4 what it was while on Boston speaks volumes about the quality of hitting in the NL. N need to say more.
yankees

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's the difference in the leagues hitting contributing to Smoltz's success. He's throwing from a different arm angle, not leaving pitches over the middle of the plate, getting a lot more run and sink on his fb's. I just don't think his mechanics were right while at Boston and has figured that part out since.

It doesn't matter how poor of hitting he's faced since going to St. Louis, all MLB hitters can hit mistakes. Smoltz just isn't making many now compared to when he was in Boston.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
As of the win today....the Cards are in 1st place overall in the NL.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the Dodgers loss, you are correct young Jedi.
Two weeks from this evening I will be clutching a cold one and scribbling on my scorecard.

BTW: Big Albert hit two more this evening in a 5-1 win over Milwaukee. What the cubs did is immaterial!

Rich
DRSS