THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Baseball    How has your team done so far, this offseason?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How has your team done so far, this offseason?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gotta love what Jack Z has done for the Mariners so far, but the M's are still lacking at 1st base and a power lefty bat. Would love to see Sheets signed as a #3 in the rotation, too.

Wish Jack would make Carlos Delgado an offer he couldn't refuse. Lefty power bats play well at Safeco. Right power bats don't...

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Cards signed Holiday! What more could we ask for?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seattle just reached an agreement with Felix. Reports are 5 years for $78M. Seems like a fair deal for Felix and the M's.

So, convincing Kenji Johjima he would be better off in Japan and not having to pay his contract, keeping Griffey for another year, signing Chone Figgins, getting rid of Silva, adding Cliff Lee, locking up Guiterreaz and Hernandez for the next 5 years... Jack is doing some good things, I think.

I'm ambivalent about Beltre leaving and signing Kotchman. Hate to lose Beltre's glove, but he hasn't been the offensive player the M's had hoped. Still wish the M's had signed Delgado (maybe still will) instead of getting Kotchman, though he's a solid player. The M's just don't have the big bat they need.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
My Cards signed Holiday! What more could we ask for?

Rich

Center fielder, 3rd baseman and one more pitcher.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Texas Rangers announced tentative sale
agreement, from Tom Hicks to a group which
would include a minority interest of Nolan Ryan.

dancing
jumping

Posts: 1 | Location: Collin County, Texas | Registered: 19 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like most all high impact players have been signed, save the Damon and Smoltz's...

This offseason, I'd grade Jack Z (Seattle) an A-. He made some really good deals, but have to admit the last couple have confounded me. Not that they are bad, but I just don't understand them. Eric Byrnes? Ryan Garko? I can understand Garko a little better because of the potential for platooning at 1B/DH against lefties, which he seems to hit quite well. But, seems it would have been better to just sign a better hitting first baseman than to rely on the Kotchman/Garko platoon.

We'll see though. The M's made up a lot of ground, but I'm not sure it is enough to win the AL West. But, Jack did a great job of erasing or correcting some of Bavasi's ill-conceived deals.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hicks is gone. Our big signing was rick harden. Hope he can stay healthy. Also hopefully vlad will hit as good on our team as he did against us.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote