THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Baseball    Barry Bonds Got His Number Retired
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barry Bonds Got His Number Retired
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i guess that's a good thing. It was up to the Giants.

As to his place in the Hall of Fame. Maybe he has earned it. To me it would crack the door open for all the others that got caught cheating and using drugs.

Makes me wonder why we don't offer the same forgiveness to Shoeless Joe Jackson. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoeless_Joe_Jackson He's alleged to have been associated with the Black Sox Scandal 99 years ago. The proof being that:

1. He only got twelve hits in that series, a record that stood for 45 years.

2. He only batted .375 in that series which led both teams.

3. He committed no errors.

4. He threw one runner out at the plate.

5. He was acquitted in a court of law but the newly appointed Commissioner of Baseball, Kenesaw Mountain Landis banned him anyway.

I think, Barry, Shoeless Joe, Roger Clemens and Pete Rose need to get inducted at the same time.

Posts: 13763 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
or at least a asterisk *

Posts: 6372 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
First, I was born and raised in Columbus and was a Reds fan all through the 60's to mid 70's. I met Pete Rose at a sports convention my father took me to when I was about 12. I still have the ball he signed in the basement somewhere.
I have to say, I think Rose should be in the hall of fame, but I think he should be entered after he dies. Punishment for gambling on baseball, which, he originally lied about. Rules have no meaning if they are not enforced with a penalty if broken.
I don't know enough about the others to have an opinion on them.

Posts: 5694 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I could live with that. Shoeless Joe died 67 years ago. I think he's been punished long enough.

Posts: 13763 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Who retired his number? Sanofi? Shire? Pfizer? Novartis? Roche? Merck? GlaxoSmithKline? thumbdown

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13358 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Bonds, Clemons or any of the steroid users get in the HoF, I will pass on baseball...

Bonds would have been the best had he never used. Clemons is/was a jerk, signs everything "CY7", stolen from other fine pitchers so he could cheat...

Posts: 10120 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Well, THAT will give him the big head. sofa

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote