THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 Days...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Okay, 12 days until players report for spring training. Baseball is almost here...

A couple of things still unresolved.
1. Albert Pujols negotiations have went nowhere. Sources are reporting Pujols and the Cards are still quite a ways apart. He has repeatedly said, if he isn't signed before he reports to camp, he won't discuss any contracts during spring training, the season, or the post season. His latest comments have been to the point of, sign before he reports for spring training or he files for free agency.

Texas, Cubs, Angels, Dodgers, and just about every team with money is chomping at the bit...

2. Michael Young is wanting out of Texas. He wants traded. After Texas acquired Adrian Beltre, his time at Arlington has had a clock on it.

3. Yankees starting rotation. Andy Pettitte retired. They have Sabathia (who can, and maybe will, opt out after this season), Phil Hughes and AJ Burnett. They have signed Freddie Garcia, Mark Prior and Colon to minor league contracts, but I don't the Yankees can expect any of them to be a 4 or 5 starter for the season. Ivan Nova is an upcoming hoss of a pitcher, but if they constrain him with anything like they did Chamberlin, he won't contribute much at all. Sergie Mitre, isn't reliable in a starter's slot in the AL East, well maybe for a #5, or reserve. What are the Yanks gonna do?

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote