THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Baseball    Who's going to win the 2010 World Series?? (poll)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's going to win the 2010 World Series?? (poll)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted
I think this could be either team's series to take. Give why you think the team you choose is going to win.

Question:
Well who is going to be the Rangers or Giants?

Choices:
Texas Rangers
San Francisco Giants

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I voted texas...I can't stand the Giants

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Just because I am a Texan!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is kind of hard for me to forget that the Rangers were once the Washington Senators.
Yuck.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a Boston Red Sox fan, I love the Texas Rangers for beating the Spankees. So I am going to vote for the Texas Rangers to win the world series. GO RANGERS!

Posts: 67 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I just saw this poll, but I'll gladly provide a few reasons why I believe, and have believed, the Giants will win the World Series.

#1 Superior starting pitching. Lincecum and Lee are both top tier, but after that the rest of the Giants starting rotation is better than the Rangers. Matt Cain is probably as good as Lee right now, but doesn't get the credit he deserves from those who aren't followers of the Giants or pro baseball people.
#2 Superior bullpen. The Giants bullpen is much better overall than the Rangers. Darren Oliver is the only reliever the Rangers have who is a long time veteran. Affeldt, Mota and Wilson have all been around the big leauges more than a couple seasons.
#3 Superior closer. Brian Wilson vs. Neftali Feliz? Wilson every time. Feliz is very good, and has a chance to be a great closer, but he's also 21 years old and suseptible to pressure more than Wilson is. I'm not taking anything away from Feliz (heck, his agent is a friend of mine and coaches baseball with me during the summer), but closing under the pressure of a World Series is different than anything else, and while neither has beeen in a World Series before, Wilson has a lot more experience in high pressure situations and has at least appeared in the World Series at this point.
#4 Superior defense. The Rangers have been touted as a great defensive club. OK, they made 105 errors in the regular season, while the Giants made 77. That edge goes to the Giants.
#5 Veteran experience in the World Series. Burrell, Renteria, Uribe and Rowand all have World Series rings. They've 'been there, done that'. That experience can help the younger, less experienced players. Who do the Rangers have? They've been touting Bengie Molina's experience, and he's good but that's 1 guy, not 4.
#6 Better Manager. Bruce Bochy has a lot more experience than Ron Washington, and it has already showed. Bochy has done a better job of managing his substitutions, and being ready ahead of time, than Washington has.
#7 Getting the breaks, and Destiny. When you see things like a home run ball hitting the top of the wall and bouncing back for a double, and that runner being stranded without scoring, or runners in scoring positions late in a tight game and a batter hitting a blistering line drive right at an infielder who turns a double play to get out of a big jam, you have to realize that sometimes in the game of baseball, things are just meant to be. It seems like the majority of breaks are going the Giants way, and talent or experience have nothing to do with that. They've getting the big hit, or making the big out, when they need to do it, and having breaks they have no control over go their way too.

I think it's wonderful that the Rangers are finally in a World Series, and I'm not taking anything away from them. The experience they gain in this year's series will stand them well in the future. But, I don't think they'll get it done this year.

I"m hoping for the Giants in 6, so they can win it at home, with Matt Cain on the mound.

Posts: 3854 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Christian Snyder:
As a Boston Red Sox fan, I love the Texas Rangers for beating the Spankees. So I am going to vote for the Texas Rangers to win the world series. GO RANGERS!

It wasn't bad enough to just have the sox break your heart.

Now the Rangers do it too.....

rotflmo

Posts: 26538 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am putting my money on San Francisco...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote