THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mickey Mantle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have autographs by two famous imbibers, Mickey Mantle and Bobby Layne(UT/Detroit Lions). They are on the same piece of paper. Anyone hazard a guess what it might be worth. There must be millions of Mantle autographs.

Posts: 704 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a clue what it’s worth. Mickey was my childhood sports hero.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jennymadsan
posted Hide Post
I don't think so because you are not the only one which has autographs of imbibers and mickey mantle and bobby. There are thousands of people who have these autographs even giving you my sister example. Last year at the Halloween party my sister meet mickey mantle the second time she has also autograph. My sister fan of mickey mantle he hast-shirts and watches of mickey mantle. Recently She purchased 4 more printed shirts for reecoupons in discounted price.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a story in Friday's WSJ about Mantle's boyhood home being sold. The shack that was the backstop when Mutt tossed him pitches is still there.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mantle could have been a much greater player than what he was if he hadn't been a heavy drinker during his playing days.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mantle and Joe Namath had very similar styles, both drinking and leg injuries. Lot of talent.

Posts: 704 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jenny, what are you smoking ? Mickey Mantle died in 1995.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16269 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jenny, that must have been some party your sister attended.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Mickey Mantle was so great because he only knew two things.

Drinking.

And playing baseball while drunk.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Priceless.

More Mickey

"Mickey Mantle's lewd Yankees questionnaire up for auction

Mantle said his favorite old Yankee Stadium memory was receiving oral sex in between innings

By Ryan Morik FOXBusiness, November 22, 2022 5:14pm EST

When the original Yankee Stadium was celebrating its 50th anniversary in 1973, the
team asked Mickey Mantle to write what his favorite memory had been at the ballpark.
Mantle's illustrious career lasted from 1951 to 1968, but he didn't write down any of his
World Series victories in the Bronx, or any of his 266 homers there.

Nope, not even the alleged homer that hit the right field facade in The House That Ruth
Built made the cut.

Instead, he said his favorite memory at the stadium, since demolished, was a sexual
encounter.

"I got [oral sex] under the right field bleachers by the Yankee bull pen," Mantle wrote in

"It was about the third or fourth inning. I had a pulled groin and couldn't f--- at the time.
She was a very nice girl," he added.

Well, that questionnaire is signed by Mantle (who signed it "The All-American Boy") and it
is now up for auction at the Lelands Auction House in Old Bridge, New Jersey.

The bidding started at $1,000 on Nov. 20, and 34 bids later, it is up to $17,644. The item
will be up for auction through Dec. 10.

It's unknown if Mantle's memory is actually true, but then-Yankees PR director Marty
Appel said it was a gag to shock his former boss, "the very straight-laced" Bob Fishel.

"The item is authentic, but the intent was bawdy humor, not depiction of a real event,"
Appel said, via Lelands. "I called Mick when I received it and said, 'We're going with the
Barney Schultz home run in 1964' and he laughed and said 'Of course.'

I held the letter for decades (never showed Bob Fishel), finally gave it to Barry Halper, and
from there it slipped off to others over time."

Mantle, of course, is widely regarded as one of the greatest sluggers in the history of
baseball — the seven-time World Series champion belted 536 dingers in his career,
hitting .298 with a .977 OPS. Mantle won three MVPs and was a top-five finisher nine
times."

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And with his new $360 million, 9-year Yankees contract, Aaron Judge will be paid, on average, $50,000 per at bat.

Mickey is crying and spinning in his grave!

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
That makes me sick how much those guys are getting!! whatever happened to having a love for the game?! It's all about the money now days. These guys are way overpaid!

Posts: 588 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back to the original question.

The first thing you need to do is have the autographs "authenticated". You could send them to Beckett in Dallas for that purpose.

Next, go online and you can find values attributed to both these autographs. ebay is a good source. The problem will be finding the person that is really interested in your "piece of paper", when many more interesting items have been autographed by both men.

Posts: 13749 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Ohtani now at $700,000,000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36367 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote