THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards score!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My beloved St Louis Cardinals locked up some quality protection for Albert this afternoon. Matt Holiday signed a seven year deal.
Woo-Hoo!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any word on Albert's elbow? At the end of last season, I recall he went a month without a homerun.

Posts: 98 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 13 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Pujols had surgery and says he is better than ever.

LaRusa was quoted in the St. Louis Post that "it would be nice to pinch hit Mark before Aug. 31 to make him eligible for post season" that would sell tickets but probably not win games. The G.M. downplayed the quote saying it was just a joke.

Now it's time to get a third baseman,second baseman, center fielder, and two pitchers.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.newsok.com/mark-mcg...ick=headlines_widget

Good luck with that new hitting coach....

Posts: 98 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 13 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They'd better fix it fast or McRoider will be an anchor around your beloved Card's neck going forward.

And I believe LaRussa never knew the Bash Brothers were juicing.....sure I do.....nothing abnormal about those two.

At this point I don't give a damn.....it was a culture of juicing, a group mentality that made it OK in a huge number of player's minds. Put them all in the HOF.....just note that it was the PED era on each one's plaque.....the only one's to exclude would be the liars like Clemens and Bonds and Palmeiro, to name a few.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Holliday was a great signing for the Cards. Not only is Holliday a great player, but gives Pujols some sense of security that the team is trying to win and make him happy.

If Holliday had been a left-handed bat, I would have been ticked that Jack Z didn't sign him in Seattle, but as a right hander, he would not have played overly-well there.

Let's face it, players like Pujols and Holliday should stay in small and mid market teams, same way Mauer and Morneau should stay with the Twins.

I harbor no resentment against teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cubs, etc., but it would be bad for the game if every superstar ended up there. At least by perception....

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote