ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    missing accessories for savage ML 10 50 cal...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

missing accessories for savage ML 10 50 cal...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
traded into a new (looks unfired) savage ML 10 mk 2, 50 cal smokeless muzzle loader... I don't have any of the accessories that came with the gun... and Savage can't tell me what I should have.. since the rifle is discontinued..... anybody have one that can tell me what I'm missing?? tools, spares??... thanks, jim

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2826 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have any of the accessories that came with the gun... and Savage can't tell me what I should have..

https://www.chuckhawks.com/sav10ML-II.htm

"The kind folks at Savage included one of their Accessory Packages along with the rifle, which meant that there was quite a number of accessories packaged in the box with the rifle in addition to the usual items.

All together I received an Owner's Manual, Quick Tips card, Warrantee cards, bullet starter and palm saver, fiberglass field ramrod, breech plug wrench, wrench handle, two Allen wrenches, AccuTrigger adjustment tool, two spare vent liners, sample tube of Kleen Bore TW25B lubricant, five sample 250 grain .452" Hornady XTP bullets with black sabots, safety lock with key, a paper bullseye target, a pair of disposable earplugs, and a bunch of miscellaneous literature and warning tags.

There was also a paper stating that the rifle had been sighted-in at 25 yards and a section of target showing a three shot group fired at 100 yards."

There should at least be a couple of allen wrenches and a tool to remove the breech plug.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimatcat:
traded into a new (looks unfired) savage ML 10 mk 2, 50 cal smokeless muzzle loader... I don't have any of the accessories that came with the gun... and Savage can't tell me what I should have.. since the rifle is discontinued..... anybody have one that can tell me what I'm missing?? tools, spares??... thanks, jim

You should let me have that piece of junk so you don't have to worry about it. . .

Big Grin

Posts: 309 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only tool that is specific to that gun is the tool to remove the breach plug. It is a solid tube that goes into the action after the bolt is removed, it has two machined dogs that protrude and engages the recesses in the breach plug. It allows for a steel rod needed to obtain sufficient torque to loosen the plug and if you don't use never seize you will have some fun getting it out. Also critical to replace the orifice on the inside of the plug since it will enlarge from fittings.

I have mind packed away since I will be moving in the next couple of weeks so I can forward a picture

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted document.write('<nobr>'+ myTimeZone('Fri, 17 Aug 2018 17:52:04 GMT-0700', '18 August 2018 05:52')+'</nobr>');Aug 17, 7:52 PM18 August 2018 05:52Hide Postquote:Originally posted by jimatcat:traded into a new (looks unfired) savage ML 10 mk 2, 50 cal smokeless muzzle loader... I don't have any of the accessories that came with the gun... and Savage can't tell me what I should have.. since the rifle is discontinued..... anybody have one that can tell me what I'm missing?? tools, spares??... thanks, jim You should let me have that piece of junk so you don't have to worry about it. . .
it can be yours... I have no desire to shoot it..... make a fair reasonable competitive offer and we'll see... pm me and we'll talk... btw, it'll be on the tables at a gunshow in Snyder texas this weekend... come on out!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2826 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote