Tools

Ray's new rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Posting these for Ray. Here is his .58 Buffalo Hunter:

And here is his Hawken, .58 as well:

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Happy to help, Ray. I hope you are not in dutch with the missus over using her nice pillow cases.

hilbily

– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those rifles are rather nostalgic for Ray...they were the only kind available when he was a kid :-)

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. B, your a funny man, but that is a rather trueistic statement my man! but only if trueistic is a word, if not it should be! tu2

That Investarms HAWKIN, is the same gun as a Navy Arms, Investarms made Navy Arms muzzle loaders..I was amazed at the comb height when I got it, I couldn't get down on the irons to even see them..Out came the cabinet rasp and I wacked off 1-3/4 to may 2 inches to get it right, as pictured in the photos..No wonder they hung Mussalini by his heels and beat him to death!! I think I misspelled Musalinii twice now!

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, remember the Thompson Center Big Boar? It was a carbine-length BP rifle in 58 Caliber. I used to shoot big Mini-Balls out of mine...it was a hammer, for sure.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do recall that one, Never shot one, but Ive witnessed the 58 cal used on elk with a round ball and it sure knocked the crap out of them, I could actually see the difference in it and the 54 on the larger bulls..but the heavy bullets were also a hammer in both the 58 and 54 within proper range..My shooting will be limited to under 100 yards. I don't believe in pushing my luck with any caliber.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill,
I have a friend whos wife is a nurse in a hospital, She got me 15 cleaned pillow cases from the hospital that they were tossing...Her husband is a guide and uses them for elk and deer quarters. They work great,also for picture background I thought, but you busted me right off the bat! beer

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ray, sounds like marital harmony has been preserved.

hilbily

– John Green, author

one of us
posted Hide Post
Indeed it do!

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its warming up in Idaho off and on of course..I will shooting these 3 muzzle loaders, will probably keep one and sell two at reasonable prices..Anyone interested in which one? I will make note and contact you and probably put them up in the classified.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
My horse had to be put down today broke his hoof off in the pasture..Selling two of my 3 muzzle loaders, keeping my 54 Lyman with both barrels..selling some other nice guns also,put them on AR classified today..Damn horses like I use in competition are bloody expensive but I would rather rope than eat, shoot or whatever...

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120