New
Find
Notify
Tools

58 Army Navy carbine
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ive seen a couple of these, always wanted one..Anybody had any experience with them..They must be hard to find, but when you do they are fairly inexpensive..I missed on on AR sometime back..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ray, are you talking about the old Navy Arms "Buffalo Hunter," a sporting version of the Zouave?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16348 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that's the one..Im thinking you had one sometime back for sale and I was too late.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I did, Ray. Will keep my eye out for one and forward if I see it.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16348 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I have a Musketoon which is a short version of a Zouave if you are interested. It is about the same length as the Buffalo Hunter just has longer stock forend. Gun is in really good shape. PM me if you are interested.

Sam

Posts: 2830 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friend ray: there is one on gunbroker today. Look for: navy arms Zouave hunter. $325. Looks to be a good deal. No dog in this hunt but saw your post. Cheers luke

Posts: 352 | Location: pueblo, Co. USA | Registered: 01 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bigluke
I tried for days to locate that rifle on gunbroker, couldn't find it, may have sold before I got there, I sure would have bought it..Anyway thanks for the heads up..Sorry for the late reply, been hunting a lot this year,before I get too old.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Luke,
Found it, he re-intered it..but its not a carbine Buffalo Hunter, its the Zouve rifle version.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
I found one today and bought it..Will be ready for the early season muzzle loader elk rut hunt. starting over and with a 58 is sorta confusing but Im getting it all worked out I think..still have my old 54 for a back up..Wondering if the 54 isn't a better option to start with after reading the ballistic charts. dunno?

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120