Find
Notify
Tools

Round muzzleloader barrels?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted
Green Mountain, Colerain, they all make octagon barrels. Does anyone sell 30+" round muzzleloader barrels?

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any company that sells barrels should be able to provide you with what you want. You may have to call them to special order it.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
They are all round before they are octagon. Call Colrain.
And anyone with a lathe can make them round. I routinely make oct to round ones for NW Trade Guns.

Posts: 17106 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
I didn't expect them to start round! that may simplify things. Thanks!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
To my knowledge, no maker uses octagon stock any more, although some used to. It is not easy to keep the hole straight for a 42 inch barrel, although some runout didn't hurt anything. So they use round bar stock and then mill it octagon. Or octagon to round.

Posts: 17106 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote