New
Find
Notify
Tools

Renegade hammer strike
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a T/C Renegade, 50 cal percussion...well actually parts of different guns that make up a Renegade. The lockwork and other metal is from one Renegade in the 100,000 serial number range, the unknown age stock I got from eBay a few years ago, and the barrel I just got off of eBay this month is in the 200,000 serial number range. The problem I have is that the hammer does not line up on the stock nipple, the bottom of the hammer face strikes the nipple.

Did years of Renegades have that much difference in the parts? Just wondered if someone else had run across this.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Update: I found a “late model” hammer on eBay, and it works better, the recessed area of the hammer face going around the nipple instead of striking it on the edge. Still not really centered, though, but it works. Still kind of puzzled about T/C and their parts. All that is gone now, I see, as they only make inline muzzle loaders now.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I have an old 54 caliber renegade. I am wondering if perhaps the lockwork and hammer interface has somethihg to do with the stock inletting. I recall that the lockwork fits in a recess on the side of the stock, maybe you can adjust the fit but àdjusting the recess?

Posts: 5694 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote