New
Find
Notify
Tools

.50-375 Sabots
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anybody make sabots that will let you launch .375 projectiles from a .50?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9535 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Not that I know of; there are no short stubby, easy expanding.375 bullets, and you would have to shoot them really fast for them to stabilize. I know of no .375 sabots for any caliber. I would build a smokeless ML, and shoot bare bullets in it if I wanted to shoot 375s, and I have though about it before.

Posts: 17092 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 9535 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have .475 sabots for my .50; They make .40 sabots for a .45cal and I think even .357 sabots for the .40, but I don't know of any .375 sabots.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Not that I know of; there are no short stubby, easy expanding.375 bullets, and you would have to shoot them really fast for them to stabilize. I know of no .375 sabots for any caliber. I would build a smokeless ML, and shoot bare bullets in it if I wanted to shoot 375s, and I have though about it before.

I have a 20 ga "Heym" o/u that would seem perfect to be sleeved with .375 bores and breech plugs. Chris said they didn't know where the guns came from but they saw a few along. Seems well made but I imagine the cost to convert it to a .375 ml would be more than the result would be worth.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might be able to load .358 cal.. A .50/.458 sabot with a .458/.357 inside it. I have fired the 458 sabots in a 45/70. Doubled up it might work.

MFH

One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
Jeff, you might try paper wrapping a 375 in a 50/40 sabot.

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote