THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    A small Argentine falling block single shot?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A small Argentine falling block single shot?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
A fellow I was chatting with yesterday mentioned owning a little Argentine carbine with a falling block action and in an obscure small caliber called the "Argentine 23." Has anyone heard of this rifle or caliber?
He couldn't get ammunition for it.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard of the Argentine rolling block in 43 Spanish, but obviously not a small caliber or a falling block.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Matt, I had one of those -- the factory refurbed ones that came in 30 years ago. What a gem. Of course I sold it.

homer

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe a wildcat built on a Martini Cadet action ?

Pics ?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote