Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for Ruger No1
 Login/Join

posted
do any of you fine folks have a stock and forearm for a No1 laying around that you would part with? Finish is not important. I just traded into a nice 6mm with a shattered stock.
Thanks

Posts: 25 | Location: Stanley, NM | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I don't have one but if you look on eBay, gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com or Gun List they come up fairly frequently.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<reloaderman>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by TBoggus:
do any of you fine folks have a stock and forearm for a No1 laying around that you would part with? Finish is not important. I just traded into a nice 6mm with a shattered stock.
Thanks

Bell&Carlson make a composit stock for the Ruger#1. I put one on my #3 and it shoots great!
[Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Give Ruger a call some #1 part prices are surprisingly inexpensive.Barrels are around $100.oo which really surprised me.I am looking for an Alex Henry forearm if you run across one.

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Lars G>
posted
I tried getting a new forend for my #1B from Ruger. I was close to $100 and they said I must send the entire rifle to them - extra cost here too. I had cracked a piece off the forend. Needless to say, I fixed the stock myself. Looks ugly, but the game doesn't seem to care!

MPI also makes stocks for the #1

http://www.mpistocks.com