New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No 1 in 7mm-08
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked up this nice looking rifle from Cabelas last night. Looks brand new, and I think I hit the factory wood jackpot. Got a great deal on this one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty... plus a good price always makes them look better

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bingo you hit the jackpot with that one..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure when this rifle was built, but it seems to me that Ruger is using a little nicer wood the last few years. Really pretty rifle here.

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked up the serial number a couple of weeks ago but don’t remember the exact date of manufacture. It’s in the 2015-2017 range. The gun is honestly brand new. Might have only been test fired. Does not appear that a scope was ever mounted by the previous owner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice wood!
Hope it’s an accurate one.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice wood. So many Rugers used your basic fence post for stock wood.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice one of my got to have rifles

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 423 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I question that being a original Ruger stock, That wood doesn't even resemble black walnut, more likely a hard shell such as Turkish or California walnut..Unless you've done some fancy photography with the light..If so its worth much more than you paid for it..nice work.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I question that being a original Ruger stock, That wood doesn't even resemble black walnut, more likely a soft shell such as Turkish or California walnut..Unless you've done some fancy photography with the light..If so its worth much more than you paid for it..nice work.

No fancy camera tricks. I think I just got lucky buying it before someone else was able to snag it. I’ll try to take a few more photos.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
More pictures of this Ruger:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matching forearm with really straight grain through the wrist

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
With luck like that you should invest in a few lottery tickets. You did real good.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did the scope and Rings come with it?
You practically have to have this after market rings that allow you to set the scope further back on a #1 or else have a scope that allows you 6" of eye relief.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scope and rings were not included. Those are the Ruger brand offset rings, which I believe come only in a medium height. Scope is a Vx3 3.5-10x40. That’s as far back as I could get the scope. There is only about 1.5 mm clearance between the scope and front rib. I had to reverse the direction of the open sight to clear the scope.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice gun for sure, but for your information the recoil pad is not original and the wood LOP may have been changed, not a problem but thought you should know..Nice caliber also..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Nice gun for sure, but for your information the recoil pad is not original and the wood LOP may have been changed, not a problem but thought you should know..Nice caliber also..

Looks like the original recoil pad to me. It’s got a Ruger logo imprinted right in the middle of it. Also length of pull looks to be 13.5 or so.

one of us
posted Hide Post
In that case my mistake, sometimes photos fool me..The LOP is correct and the markings clear up my suspecions..I should know better than to make observations without gun in and. I apologize!! sofa

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120