New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser K-95 Luxus
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I finally found a K-95 Blaser at a price I could live with. This one is a 270 Win; about the right combination of power, range, and recoil for this petite little rifle.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/ovxstpm8l/][img]https://s2.postimg.org/brs8h0u6x/Lancaster_and_K-95_004.jpg[/

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I finally found a K-95 Blaser at a price I could live with. This one is a 270 Win; about the right combination of power, range, and recoil for this petite little rifle.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/ovxstpm8l/][img]https://s2.postimg.org/brs8h0u6x/Lancaster_and_K-95_004.jpg[/

I hate you Biebs.

Nice gun.

Post another side view - want to see if the stock is neutral.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i actually had one of these once it was easy to drive the barrel in the ground and the stock took the fence staples well

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then you discovered Mossbergs :-)

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, no cheekpiece, neutral cast. I sent you pix.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Nice! I love these. I have a pretty large stable of nice rifles, and if going on a plane a k95 normally goes a long, with maybe a double to tag along.

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mack, at 5 lbs, not much extra to pack :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle and very handy. Good get Biebs

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True Mike....they're like dainty little wands.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll enjoy that rife, Biebs. I've killed an elk and four deer so far this season with my K95 270 win. It's my new favorite.

Posts: 147 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 December 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could put your 338 barrel on it and knock yourself out...literally! :-)

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I've been doing load work up on a friends 300WBY. Its not as terrible as I thought it would be. Been wearing a 1/2" pad shooting it off the bench.

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac, with a 3 lb 5-25x56 Schmidt & Bender PM on it, it might be OK :-)

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Mac, with a 3 lb 5-25x56 Schmidt & Bender PM on it, it might be OK :-)

No I just mounted him a Z3 3-10x42 on it. I have been shooting my 12LB 577 a lot so I guess I'm numb. haha

Mac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That'll do it!

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice find Beibs, What is the length of the barrel?

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're 24" in the 270 caliber.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Mac;

Hypothetical question: Did you run slow-burning powder in the WBY? Seems like the slow range along with lighter bullets could produce the least recoil.

Sorry for the diversion JB. Thanks. Long barrel = more to like.

CB

quote:
Originally posted by McKay:
I've been doing load work up on a friends 300WBY. Its not as terrible as I thought it would be. Been wearing a 1/2" pad shooting it off the bench.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Mac;

Hypothetical question: Did you run slow-burning powder in the WBY? Seems like the slow range along with lighter bullets could produce the least recoil.

Sorry for the diversion JB. Thanks. Long barrel = more to like.

CB

quote:
Originally posted by McKay:

I am running his WBY with 168TSX and I am pretty sure H4895. Would need to double check that for sure.

Mac

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Close enough for me. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use IMR7828SSC in my 300 Weatherby with 168 and 180 grain Barnes bullets.

My K95 is lively with either! Very, very accurate.

I also have a load with the 150 grain CEB Safari Raptor, still a handful but a one hole load.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK Jon, you've owned it about as long as you own any gun. Pass it along to me before it gets stale.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or it could come my way to keep my 30-06 Springfield company!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm listening? This one has a story to it, which I will relate privately.