New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger #1 Liberty Model Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just picked up a Ruger #1A in 7x57. It is in nice condition but it has been in the field. Bought it on line and upon receipt of the rifle I noticed it was a "Liberty" model made in 1976. Does the Liberty stamp add any value or collect ability. Just wondering I bought it to hunt, that will not change, just wondered about the inscription...Thanks for any input!

Posts: 258 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i haven't seen the liberty models bringing in anything extra

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 258 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
Some of the Liberty guns seem to have the "Warning" and address of Ruger on the barrel, and others don't. I think the pre-warning guns might bring a little bit more. But I agree with butchloc, the Liberty stamp doesn't appear to impact value one way or the other.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just an easy way to date the rifle. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote