New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martini Cadet in 17 Hornet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a Cadet Action. I need a recommendation for a gunsmith and a source for a barrel.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jim kobe has done several of mine

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just came Ups n replacement barrels for CZ 455, in 17HMR. I wonder if that barrel could be threaded for the martini, and then chamber it in 17 Hornet. Brownells has those barrels for $140.

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
probably the martini barrel threads are quite small you might like better the 17 ai ackley though -jim kobe has that reamer etc.cause he did one for me a short time ago.neat thing about it is buying the varmint nightmare bullets from mid south anda bit of 1680 powder(the only one to use) you can shoot for about 1/2 the price of a hmr

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found a guy in Michigan. He used to work with Bob Snapp. He has a 17 Hornet reamer and I have 20 boxes of factory ammo. Now I just have to wait my turn.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
un fun fun midsouth cheap bullets - cost less than a 17hmr to shoot