Find
Notify
Tools

'02 Webley Rook Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted
I bought this Webley a few years back and decided it was time to give it a new look.
It was a good sound rifle, and quite rare at that, but had been buffed to the point of almost losing the Webley logo on the side. I may have posted it here but did at NitroExpress for sure.
Anyway, I had John Todd ( http://www.acgg.org/index.php/...ile/John%20Todd.html ) engrave it and Mike Tulowitski( http://www.acgg.org/index.php/...ile/Mtulowitzki.html ) did the metal finish and colors.

Will make a great gift for the wife or one of the girls!

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
OOga booga that's a pretty rifle, looks like John and Mike did a fantastic job! Which snarky little rook cartridge does this one chamber?

Posts: 967 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Well, it is actually chambered in 357Mag.
Not a bad choice for this rifle since it is a little bigger and more robust than most Rook rifles. Also, I can shoot 38 Specials which are quite similar to the 360No.5 Rook.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
.357 is a nice choice as a rebore or reline of a shot out or damaged original barrel, and practical (did I really say that?) too.

I've currently got a Husqvarna model 25 single shot bolt rifle in .32-20 with a very rough bore that's soon to be rebored to .38 Special for that very reason. It's a delightful (and inexpensive) little rifle and the bolt face already fits a .38 Sp perfectly. Rooks and gongs everywhere, beware! Wink

Posts: 967 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I got around to taking some better pictures.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Beautiful little gun.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awww....such a wonderful little rifle!! They are a "ton of fun"!! I recently acquired a Jeffery Rook which had been re-chambered to 25-20 WCF from 255 Jeffery. The bore was toast. I had it relined and chambered back to 25-20 and it's been a great deal of fun working up loads for it and shooting it. I do hope you and yours enjoy that Webley as much as I've enjoyed the Jeffery.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me". John 14:6

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 13 February 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fascinating restoration. I'd love to see a picture that shows the whole rifle!

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 334 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Wonderful rifle. What was the original caliber?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
The proofs of 10-80 and cordite 4-80 make me think it was in .300 Rook originally.

I will take some full length photos and show some before pictures too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Huvuris: Thank you for sharing a wonderful rifle with us. If it takes any fur, rabbits, or crow, please let us know.

If you need a son to leave it to, pm me and I will submit a résumé.

Posts: 10793 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Here are some 'before' pictures.