Find
Notify
Tools

Farquharson Action Kits
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted
Anyone know if these are avaliable? I'm looking for a good phone number or e-mail. Action Casting LLC, believe that"s who had them at one time?

I have this listed in the gunsmithing forum also, Thanks!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Another man down with "Farqy Fever."

Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another man down with "Farqy Fever."

Yes Sir...I want one of each and the ones I like ...Two! Wink

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
To appreciate a Farq is to like a beautiful powerful sexy woman. Admire, fondle and never trust but fire as many times as you can before you can't possibly fire any more. Smoke cigars and revel in fond memories.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also was interested in these kits at one time. The last correspondence I had was in 2013 from an email address of smoke@wyvrncstgs.com I hope this helps.

Posts: 522 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before you go ape over a Farc, handle one. I had a 450/400 and found it to be poorly balanced and butt heavy, even with a 29" barrel. There are several action sizes. Don't get a big one if you don't have to. A number one balances better.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Good points. I would want a 22" barrel max! Balance is important.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
I've wanted one from the day I seen one on the cover of a magazine in 1974. When I found one it was to high dollar or the kid needed new shoes. Smiler Well, I found an original action and it's on the way. Little did I know back then that I'd be the one doing a lot of the work myself. It'll take a while to finish but I'm stoked about it.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
Before you go ape over a Farc, handle one. I had a 450/400 and found it to be poorly balanced and butt heavy, even with a 29" barrel. There are several action sizes. Don't get a big one if you don't have to. A number one balances better.

I think your experience with your Farq is because of the restock.
My Farqs all handle better than any of my Rugers with the exception of one 303 Gibbs which was changed over to a sporter from a match rifle so there is little drop in the comb or heel. It isn't bad with the scope mounted, but the iron sights are pretty low for offhand shooting.

That is one thing to consider when using an original action to build on, especially Gibbs actions.
The match rifles were built with a much thicker wrist than the sporters and they were straighter through the wrist as well. The result is wider spacing between the top and lower tangs which can be redone but there is a screw hole right where the bend needs to happen so it is better to not even think about it.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good point.

A lot of the pommie rifles and guns have the buttstock drilled to balance the weapon. A restock may not take that into account.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know this is an older post but I came across this kit for sale on GI. It is an 1897 Westley Richards kit. JB
http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100785537

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the FA employees built one of these and brought it to Quigley several years ago. I tried to buy one, but their issues with outside subcontractors had begun, and I never got the deal done.

They had about a dozen different SS action kits for sale at one time.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Farq's are cool, but Hagn's are sweet too, and available in three or four sizes. The Frazier action, by Steve Earl, would be my first choice for a retro rifle, if a farq action could not be found.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve,
I am pretty sure I bought one of those kits and have it somewhere in the gun cabinet. I remember having several conversations with the maker. I believe he was hearing impaired so we did our conversations via email.

I would probably let mine go at this point...don't ever see myself building the thing. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. I don't even know what I paid for the thing!

Cheers

Roscoe

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote