New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Henry Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Single shots shipping in May, most retail prices for the blue are $315-$350. Available in 223, 243, 308, 1:20" 44 mag and 45-70.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/single-shot-rifle/

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a joke. Sorry, Henry, not even close to a cigar.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
For the most part Henry has been making pretty good products and I'm sure this one is too but Damn, this isn't one of their better ideas.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Not the most elegant in the world but I think I'll pick up one in 357 Mag when they come out to play with. The main thing I don't like is that blob of a front sight, and the space under the opening lever could be a little less.

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's ugly enough to gag a maggot on a gut wagon1

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not the best looking, but with the demise of the NEF single shot rifles, I bet it will be a very big seller.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think it will sell at Henry's price point. $350? I don't think so.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by congomike:
Not the best looking, but with the demise of the NEF single shot rifles, I bet it will be a very big seller.
There is a reason the NEF went away, poor sales. Henry just pickup the gauntlet and we'll see how long they can run with it.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I was initially put off, but if you remove those ugly irons, mount a scope and the things have good triggers ... Wish there were less clearance between the tang the opening lever.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I asked a TC exec to bring back the TCR 87 one time and he acted like I was stupid.

I said the Encore and Contedender are ok, but jeeze you had this beautiful rifle and you could have ran with it.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in the numbers.

I wonder how may Ruger #1, TC Encore, Win m70, etc, are sold each year.

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

This is a $70,000 single shot.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

This is $5000 single shot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[IMG]http://bilder.frankonia.de/fsicache/server?type=image&source=products%2Fxx380x14_1.jpg&effects=pad(CC,ffff)&width=680&height=194[/IMG]

This is a $1000 single shot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why the hell did they not spend another 3 hours designing this or copying somsone elses design.

Tons of good looking single shots have patends that have expired in the last 150 years.

Dumb!

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Ask Knight or CVA about the single shot centerfire business?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
People don't want a single shot with a stock made of injection molded plastic and parts that are spit out on an automatic machine, then bead blasted for finish.

Ask Shiloh if there is a market for a quality single shot rifle that is made of wood and steel, hand fitted and blued and case colored for finish.

Men want their single shots to be a rifle that shows pride of ownership, not a plastic tinker toy.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
It's a fact that there is a market for rifles priced under $400 and there isn't very much being offered in that range. These look like they could be useful and fun firearms for people shopping in that bracket.

I would think that the brass version in .44 Magnum would look nice with a high polish blued barrel and sights that are better, perhaps even Marbles. Now, before someone points out that making those modifications would add to the owner's cost consider that adding mounts, rings, and a scope to any inexpensive rifle increases the cost as will simple changes like swapping out a recoil pad or replacing a lousy trigger.

The .44 Magnum version (brass) might also be a good candidate for rechambering to .444 Marlin, depending on whether it could handle the extra 4,000-6,000 psi increase SAAMI specifies.

For those who think one must be willing to pay a lot more to have anything decent I say, if it shoots and it's fun, it's all good!

We can enjoy them ALL....If it tickles you then go for it.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
I dunno... For what they are and what they cost, it's hard to say much bad about a Henry. I don't own one, but if I was going to get bang around gun for my kid, they would be at the top of my list.

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got a 308 Win for Christmas, just need a dry range day! Cost was $351 shipped.

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/...9-9DFE-18D4183226E5}

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
very nice wood too

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it. I can get used to the ugly part. I'm sure it would handle 444 marlin. Same as the H&R Handi Rifle. ( The long straight case will mitigate the case head thrust.)
With the 22 inch barrel I think is is the same over all length as a 30-30,Win. Model 94 saddle gun.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got all the high buck single shot rifles I need and then some. I want something won't make me sick and ruin my day if it gets a scratch on the metal or a ding in the wood. Come om Henry, give me a 6mm Creedmore~!!

Posts: 251 | Location: florida | Registered: 20 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Big Wonderful that is a beautiful rifle.
I have one of the Henry's in 357 Maximum that is a fantastic shooter.
Whatever happened with the Mossberg SSI 1, I know they were discontinued but they seemed to be well made, locks up very tight and nice looking. I know they were heavy, I have one with an 06 barrel and a 12 Ga. rifled slug barrel. Both are decently accurate.

Steve..........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ll be sitting this one out. Never have been a Henry fan.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote