New
Find
Notify
Tools

T/C barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone had a custom barrel made for a T/C prohunter in a big bore. I was thinking a 404 jeff or a 375h/h if they can be done

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
Has anyone had a custom barrel made for a T/C prohunter in a big bore. I was thinking a 404 jeff or a 375h/h if they can be done

I have a T/C with a 14 inch barrel chambered for the wild cat cartridge, The 411/JDJ
which is a 444 case necked to 41 bullet. It has four inch permanently mounted muzzle break to make it legal to be fitted in a rifle stock. This was originally chambered for .41 Rem Mag pistol cartridge which was a hand full so this thing will be fitted with a rifle stock to be used in a blind for the big cats,in Africa and large north American game hunting. I's a little wild in a pistol!

……...…………......…...…. old MacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
google "600 nitro express encore" That's probably about the limit. You should be good with almost anything you want. The 375 H&H is pretty mild in an Encore.

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Scott:
google "600 nitro express encore" That's probably about the limit. You should be good with almost anything you want. The 375 H&H is pretty mild in an Encore.

We made those.
http://dvhcustomguns.com/
Just in case that's a bit light we have done a couple of 700's.
Have done both handguns and rifles.
Or we can do anything lighter.

Mark

Posts: 1227 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MGM made me a 24" barrel in 50-110 Winchester. They used my custom reamer which necks the 50-110 Win. down a bit to a true .500 cal as is the 500 S&W.

We call it the "500 Gallup". (It's bit faster. LOL)
I use those great Cutting Edge Bullets and they are a real hammer on cape buffalo from this cartridge.

Brian Gallup

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TC factory barrels were/are available in .375 H&H

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had MGM make me a 45/70 bbl. It's really accurate. sub moa at 100 yds on almost all of my hand loads. I love it. Can't go wrong with a Match Grade Machine bbl IMO.

1 Alaskan FOR Global Warming

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have what some might call a Big Bore
barrel for my TC Encore in 416 Rigby.
It shoots really good, ported muzzle but it
is a handful off the bench. Such a light rifle
for the caliber. Don't notice the recoil much
shooting feral hogs. 400 gr. soft nose just picks
up the hog and moves it back about 6 feet. Dies in
route to final resting place. Lots of fun.

Tetonka
DRSS

Posts: 295 | Location: Willow City, Texas & Polebridge, Montana | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote