New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted NEF sb2 experts help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok I was thinking about reboring a 243 to a 260 rem. Can this be possible, or is it best to just buy another barrel? I havnt bought it yet but have reloaded for and shot the gun. It doesn't group well at all. I believe it's the weaker action of the new England firearms at least that's what the company said when I called a few years ago. Been told NEF closed there doors.

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I didn't to cause a blow up cause of the weaker action. I guess what I'm trying to say is the pressure between the 243 Winchester and 260 remington about the same?

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The SB2 is the stronger action. Lots of info on google.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kennedy,
These rifles have kind of a cult following.
I have one re-barreled to 577NE which I hunt cape buffalo with.

Here is a link to some H&R, NEF nuts like me. Scroll down when you get there.

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote