THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Let me see your No. 1's and No. 3's...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let me see your No. 1's and No. 3's...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
Did you change the lever to work with a detent like the No. 3? The checkering shows off your checkering skills with both a mullered border and borderless.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, the action is a No. 3 with a modified lever. The action is modified internally, too. The trigger eliminates the factory linkage and contacts the sear directly. Also, the factory forend hangar was removed and the original coil mainspring replaced with a flat spring much like that on the Winchester M1885. Without the forend hangar the forend mounts directly to the barrel to improve accuracy tuning.

Posts: 474 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogersGunWorks:
Actually, the action is a No. 3 with a modified lever. The action is modified internally, too. The trigger eliminates the factory linkage and contacts the sear directly. Also, the factory forend hangar was removed and the original coil mainspring replaced with a flat spring much like that on the Winchester M1885. Without the forend hangar the forend mounts directly to the barrel to improve accuracy tuning.

Sounds like the trigger design is something like the Jard. I have a couple of those in No. 1 rifles and like them. The flat spring idea is very creative to get rid of the hanger. What's old is new again! If you already happen to have a picture of the internals of that or a similar example, it would be great to check those out. Regardless, really beautiful work. Congratulations on reaching this level of skill

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RogersGunWorks that is a gorgeous rifle.

Would also like to see the internals and ejector spring.

DRSS

Posts: 1904 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote