THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    What I would like in a single shot but will never happen
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What I would like in a single shot but will never happen
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A heavy version of a k-95. Like 8 pound rifle that can shoot up to 450-400.

Won’t happen but I can dream.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Bet that would rattle the ol' molars a bit.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:

No I want it nice and heavy and super accurate.

Again will never happen.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Get Butch to build you one of his awesome "Stalking Rifle" single shots. A proper design. Not one of those atrocious Blaser contraptions.

He makes them in take down versions as well.

coffee

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I wished the Knight KP-1 were not such crap. not in the same league and a k95 I now.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
UPDATED: 8 pounds seems a little light Mike. But, maybe not. The 300 WinMag has about the same energy as the 450-400 at the muzzle when heavier bullets are used. So, I expect the frame could handle it. A couple more pounds might be enough. Hmmmm. BULL barrel.

Still, a K95 with a bull barrel profile for extra weight chambered in 450/400 would be way cool.
Back to reality.

quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:

No I want it nice and heavy and super accurate.

Again will never happen.

Mike

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It only takes money. Give Max Earn a jingle. I'm sure he would build you one. Would make a K95 cost look like lunch money though.

A falling block would get you there for less money.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:

That's all I'm saying!!

tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I want basically is a completely redesigned larger heavier frame single shot from Blaser.

A big brother to the k-95. Nothing interchangeable but for Scope mounts.

Same crazy accuracy.

Given blaser had zero interest in making k-95 currently and it is easier and shorter time frame to get a rifle built from Heym or vc than get a custom k-95 left handed attaché wood 7. I am not holding my breath.

But I can dream Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

That's all I'm saying!!

tu2

I have a super accurate 300 h&h ruger number 1. Craig boddington series rifle I bought on ar. It shoot like a blaser.

I may buy another Craig boddington ruger but a blaser is a special gun. Blaser k-95 is even more special than a run of the mill blaser.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's all I'm saying!!

tu2

I have a super accurate 300 h&h ruger number 1. Craig boddington series rifle I bought on ar. It shoot like a blaser.

I may buy another Craig boddington ruger but a blaser is a special gun. Blaser k-95 is even more special than a run of the mill blaser.

Mike

When you say Blaser is "special", you mean "short bus" "special", right?

Cool

I too have the Boddington No. 1 in 300 H&H. It's a great rifle.

But Butch's Stalking Rifle truly is SPECIAL. In the take down model, I covet one in a large medium bore. The Boddington No.1's don't hold a candle to them.

See the link here:

http://www.searcyent.com/new_stalking.htm

What you seek is available here. A truly fine, heavier, single shot, capable of handling a large medium bore caliber.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle. The admiral/subsailor74 has one.

But I want a top break single shot like the k-95 with multi barrel and blaser mounting system. Just a big heavy gun and not a light mountain rifle.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

But I want a top break single shot like the k-95 with multi barrel and blaser mounting system. Just a big heavy gun and not a light mountain rifle.

Mike

Just take a nice double and only load one tube?

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rodell:
quote:

Mike

Cause they are inaccurate.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike

That's strange. I can't remember ever missing an animal with a double due to inaccuracy of the weapon type.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike

That's strange. I can't remember ever missing an animal with a double due to inaccuracy of the weapon type.

Does not make it accurate. Doubles are a marketing gimmick compared to a good single shot like a blaser k-95 Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike

Does not make it accurate. Doubles are a marketing gimmick compared to a good single shot like a blaser k-95 Big Grin

Mike

Bwahahahhah

Mike, you definitely have that one wrong way around. The Johnhy come lately is the gimmick ... that being the blaser contraption. A solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

barf

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want a Ruger #1 chambered for a modern version of the 9.1 Longo. Essentially a 357 straight walled case the length of the 375Win.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can certainly think of a number of guns I won't be acquiring, but would like to have.
There are a few custom #1's I've liked, I could do some nice stuff on a new 1885 low wall centerfire, a 218Bee and a 7-08. Hagn as a varmint gun on the smaller frame, in 218bee, CPA 44-1/2 in a 32-40 or 32RKS.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
http://www.prinz-waffen.de/waf...kipplaufbuechse-no1/

I saw one, chambered for the .338Lapua. So, why not a .450/400.....

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
The Prinz single looks like Ruger and Blaser had a baby. Thanks BBF. Interesting hybrid action.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have handled a Prinz. I think he told me something like 7000 Euros for a plain jane one.

They are heavy, he built one in 338 Lapua and killed a polar bear with it.

Krieghoff makes a Hubertus in 10.3x60R. To me this is a viable solution to what you are talking about.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Oswald doesn't speak English well enough to talk on the phone, and neither does his bride. They are wonderful people though.

His son speaks perfect English.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Q
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Oswald doesn't speak English well enough to talk on the phone, and neither does his bride. They are wonderful people though.

His son speaks perfect English.

After I get my 30/06 k95 barrel and my 270 attaché i May give them a call or go to iwa next year and meet them.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Todd, Butch makes an awesome single shot, A friend of mine has one in a 375 H&H and they come in any caliber, a 450-400 would be nice caliber, but for myself a Ruger no. 1 in 450-400 would be a dandy, but a 375 would be even better in my case, because I won't hunt DG with a single shot rifle, that's just not my thing, unless it was all I had..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41761 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a look at http://www.prinz-waffen.de/.

I Looked ar them earlier in the year. 375 h&h and 300 lapua magnum felt really nice and solid, and smaller calibres still felt hewn from solid steel and walnut by craftsmen. The K95 for me is just too short and light for anything more than 222.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tdoyka
posted Hide Post
i have a 500 linebaugh in tc encore with a 23" MGM heavy factory barrel. i go with a 450gr lfn gc(https://www.montanabulletworks.com/product/500-linebaugh-lbt-450gr-lfn-gc/ ) and 16.5gr of hs-6 that goes 1235fps avg. it will punch thru anything. next is the 535gr fn ( http://www.moyerscastbullets.com/rifle.html ) or the 540gr fn ( https://www.mattsbullets.com/i...h=90&products_id=331 ).

https://i.imgur.com/LYE9aD9.jpg?1

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla

Posts: 99 | Location: United States windber, pa | Registered: 16 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:
Have a look at http://www.prinz-waffen.de/.

I Looked ar them earlier in the year. 375 h&h and 300 lapua magnum felt really nice and solid, and smaller calibres still felt hewn from solid steel and walnut by craftsmen. The K95 for me is just too short and light for anything more than 222.

The k-95 in a 6.5 creedmoor is a dream rifle.

Only one negative for the k-95 is decocking is loud and noisy unlike r-8.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Finally assembled a 577/450 Martini from a box of bits!

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would contact Ralf Martini, gunmaker. I'll bet he could get you what you want. Take a look at his web site and you will see some beautiful craftsmanship.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at listings for First Stop Guns on Guns America. They have a gorgeous custom Ruger #1 by Al Lind in 450/400.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I agree. But, will Ralf work on a Blaser?

quote:
Originally posted by LJS:
I would contact Ralf Martini, gunmaker. I'll bet he could get you what you want. Take a look at his web site and you will see some beautiful craftsmanship.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You can buy a Ruger # 1 in 450-400 right off the shelf.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by custombolt:
I agree. But, will Ralf work on a Blaser?

[QUOTE]

Not if he has any self respect.

animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why would Ralf mess with perfection?

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

+1

That is one of the reasons I buy blasers. The only gunsmithing I want done is mounting a scope.

Over time I have so many scopes on blaser mounts I don’t even need a gunsmith for that.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never owned or shot a Blaser. My only input on them was looking through the Cabelas gun sales forum + finding several pages of like new Blazers for sale. I kinda came to the conclusion (perhaps unfairly) that if that many people were selling them off while still fairly new, there must be a reason.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
There is a reason Randy. Overpricing. At least the K-95 prices were always on cloud nine on Cabela's.
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I've never owned or shot a Blaser. My only input on them was looking through the Cabelas gun sales forum + finding several pages of like new Blazers for sale. I kinda came to the conclusion (perhaps unfairly) that if that many people were selling them off while still fairly new, there must be a reason.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Mike. 9,3x74R not enough thump huh?
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

+1

That is one of the reasons I buy blasers. The only gunsmithing I want done is mounting a scope.

Over time I have so many scopes on blaser mounts I don’t even need a gunsmith for that.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ALL Cabelas prices that I have seen were too high, but they won't give you squat when buying your collection as I found out to my dismay when I had to sell my collection FAST to pay for a divorce.