New
Find
Notify
Tools

Butch Searcy Single Shot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any knowledge of or ezperience with the single shot made by Butch Searcy? Would be interested in your comments. Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
No experience, but his Stalking Rifle sure looks nice

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
He made at least one or more for Tom Selleck. I happened to be at Butch's when Tom called one afternoon inquiring about one of his orders. I handled one and it was a fine looking rifle. But, I may be biased as I own two of Butch's double rifles. I just talked with Butch yesterday and he has been dealing with some medical issues as of late. Put him in your prayers. He's a gentleman and a good and decent human being. For all of us, it's a bitch getting old.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smokin Joe that is a gorgeous rifle!

Yes getting old is no fun, but beats the alternative!

DRSS

Posts: 1904 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
He made at least one or more for Tom Selleck. I happened to be at Butch's when Tom called one afternoon inquiring about one of his orders. I handled one and it was a fine looking rifle. But, I may be biased as I own two of Butch's double rifles. I just talked with Butch yesterday and he has been dealing with some medical issues as of late. Put him in your prayers. He's a gentleman and a good and decent human being. For all of us, it's a bitch getting old.

Well crap, I need to go up and visit him. I haven't been to see him in a few years and he's only about 90 miles away.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks very much like a Hagn action from the outside. If it is indeed a copy of that action then you have a very nice foundation to work with.

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch has made them on Riger no. 1 actions also, Ive played with them at SCI, and talked a good friend into buying one and its an awesome rifle..Id love to hunt buffalo with it..but just shooting it is an experience, its the best SS I have ever shot..Butch can make a SS or a double shoot better than anyone I know of and Ive owned a number of his doubles..

My grandson and I met Tom Selleck at Butches table at SCI, My grandson, a true cowboy, was impressed to say the least with Selleck and his friend that was with him, who I never heard of was a team roper/movie star and he and my grandson who is also a good team roper, talked roping for sometime..All in all it was a great day for a 13 or 14 year old boy..and my friend Bill Morrison bought Butches 375 Ruger custom, a beautiful rifle.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41813 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
I have one in 9.3x74R. I shot most of my African plains game with it. Besides being a tack driver, it is the prettiest rifle I own. Spectacular wood. If you have any specific questions, email me at "subsailor74@cox.net". Check out the thread below from a few years ago - there are a few photos of my rifle.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...191094381#3191094381

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote