THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    .22 lr Remington rolling block rifle

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 lr Remington rolling block rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted
I once had a Remington rolling block .22LR rifle that was given o me by a very close friend. It had a octagon barrel,and was in perfect shape except the leaf type hammer spring was broken.
Every time I went to his home I couldn't keep my hands off it, and one day my friend said ,when I picked it up again, he said your birth day is this week, so take that damn rifle home with you.
I took that rifle to a gun smith that I had gone to high school with to have him make a new hammer spring. About three weeks later he went out of business and closed his shop, and I never saw him or my rifle again.
I have been looking for another one ever since, with no luck. That all happened way back in the late 1950s and I still look for one on every table at every gun show I go to with no luck.
............……... CRYBABY oldMacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They show up on Guns International, good ones are asking $6 to 700 range.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
They show up on Guns International, good ones are asking $6 to 700 range.

Dave

Well if they are clean and not modified in any way they are worth around $700.00 up!

...…………………...………. oldMacD37

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
posted Hide Post
My grandpaw Atkinson gave me one in 22L.R., and I killed Javalina for my dad as they were digging up plastic pipe lines and punching holes in them not to mention tearing up cedar post fencing...Back them there was no season, and hundreds of Javalina on the ranch..I got 25 cents a head and eventually bought myself a Win mod. 63, that now belongs to a fine gentleman on AR..I even used shorts in that gun to shoot Javalina as they were much cheaper..Doesn't take much to kill a 15-20 lb. Javalina..I could manuver myself into the middle of a herd and start shooting with those shorts without scaring them off most of the time. I got 25 cents and ear, so I cut two off and had a load on payday and dad paid me and as I walked off, he said Do you not think I can tell a right ear from a left and all the hogs I have seen had two...Don't do that again its not honorable to cheat..I felt mighty lowdown and never did that again..Lifes lesson..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
I once had a Remington rolling block .22LR rifle that was given o me by a very close friend. It had a octagon barrel,and was in perfect shape except the leaf type hammer spring was broken.
Every time I went to his home I couldn't keep my hands off it, and one day my friend said ,when I picked it up again, he said your birth day is this week, so take that damn rifle home with you.
I took that rifle to a gun smith that I had gone to high school with to have him make a new hammer spring. About three weeks later he went out of business and closed his shop, and I never saw him or my rifle again.
I have been looking for another one ever since, with no luck. That all happened way back in the late 1950s and I still look for one on every table at every gun show I go to with no luck.
............……... CRYBABY oldMacD37

Vanguard Arms build kits.

https://www.vanguard-arms.com/build-kits

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14363 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
I had a mild obsession with Remington 4's and 6's years ago and managed to accumulate every standard variant plus a couple special order rifles.

6's are still my favorite of favorites. They were THE .22 for the boy of means back in the day.
The rifle that started my obsession was built in 1906 and has accounted for it's fair share of coon and squirrels over the last century.

I still take my solid frame 4 which wears a factory upgrade Beach front sight and tang sight to follow a dog at least once every squirrel season.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or[QUOTE]Originally posted by TomP:

Vanguard Arms build kits.

https://www.vanguard-arms.com/build-kits

When I graduated from High school, I don't think Vanguard was even in business yet. That rifle was lost in 1951!
........................................ old jumping
............................................................ oldMacD37

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
posted Hide Post
The first pistol I shot at the age of 5 was a Remington rolling block in 22rf.

My grandfather brought back in the 1930's.

My brother still has it.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
I think Chippawa makes a sharps in 22 L>R. I just bought a 22 hornet in the "Little sharps" I think we looked at them some years ago at Dallas SCI..I ordered mine this week..

Buffalo Arms has a awesome inventory of such stuff, give them a call at WWW.BUFFALOARMS.COM (ALL CAPS)
208-263-6953. If they can't fix you up, nobody can.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote